PDA

View Full Version : Form a Study Group Edinburgh?

funkydreadlocks
10th Oct 2012, 06:29
Hey guys,

I'm based in Edinburgh and doing distance learning with Bristol for ATPL. I was thinking that it could be beneficial to form a "study group". A group of us who does ATPL stuff meeting up in a cafe or library or something to discuss what parts of the syllabus we're not too sure about, go through test results and answers together etc. It just makes the learning a bit more fun than it already is! :ok:

I don't think we should limit ourselves to just ATPL students either. Any pilots willing to help/learn or anyone else willing to learn should also be welcome.

Does it sound like a good plan? Who's up for it?

Peace! :cool:

student88
10th Oct 2012, 10:13
Great idea! Just a shame it's 500 miles from me. Good luck, would have been a nice thing to do whilst I was doing my ATPLs.

funkydreadlocks
10th Oct 2012, 11:51
damn that's a shame.

I always find that discussing things in groups is helpful to understand stuff.

hingey
10th Oct 2012, 15:20
funkydreads,

Can I suggest advertising at your local school where you did your PPL (assuming it wasn't in Florida or something)? Maybe at Cumbernauld or wherever you're currently flying from. Sounds like a great idea, anything to make those studies less dull!

funkydreadlocks
10th Oct 2012, 18:13
great idea, unfortunately i did my PPL in France :( but I'll definetely look at the local school :)

RJ.146
12th Oct 2012, 10:52
I know there would be a few chaps at Cumbernauld that would more than likely be interested also doing the exams with BGS.
I would think if you asked nicely as well you could more likely use the cafe at CBN as a meeting place as well might boost your numbers a bit as well.

If you want some introductions pm me....:ok:

B737900er
13th Oct 2012, 01:19
I don't need to do my ATPL exams but willing to go to Cumbernauld to network and meet other fellow aviators. If your interested PM me.