PDA

View Full Version : Move from DXB to DWC?

Flyingstig
8th Oct 2012, 09:17
Does anybody know if there is any truth to the rumour that all private / corporate aircraft are going to have to move "up the road" in 2013?
Cheers
Stig

Gulfstreamaviator
8th Oct 2012, 09:25
do not expect logic to work...the investment by the north side operators is vast, and they would not be happy to be moved to DWC....

but then this is UAE.

glf

gtale77
8th Oct 2012, 09:27
MEBA is taking place there. Draw your own conclusions.

Flyingstig
8th Oct 2012, 13:17
Gtale77.
To be fair you could hardly expect them to hold it at DXB!

FrankR
9th Oct 2012, 02:00
Won't happen. I bet 100 Dirham. Unless I miss something, passengers would have to be driven 30 km further...

Flyingstig
9th Oct 2012, 18:51
Hey Frank,
I might be tempted to take you up on that!

.......by Xmas?:ok:

stuckgear
9th Oct 2012, 19:15
hey stig.. long time no see !!

dallas
9th Oct 2012, 22:10
Business aviation being squeezed out of Dubai International Airport (http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/business-aviation-being-squeezed-out-of-dubai-international-airport-377117/)

Flyingstig
10th Oct 2012, 15:52
Ok, so it may not be compulsory. It may involve a bit if a ride on the SZ road but they won't have to do the "big trombone" or spend 25 minutes taxying and holding!
Hey 'Gear! PM me!

Daifly
10th Oct 2012, 19:54
Or there is Sharjah with Gama's FBO, the new road to Business Centre/DIFC of Dubai is now open, journey time 17 minutes on that or 25 minutes on the desert road if there's been an accident. Compare that to 45 minutes from DWC to downtown or almost the same from the existing Dubai International (before you even consider the taxi time).

6 minutes from landing to on stand; ramp access for the passenger's cars. Also, for fuel stops, the record so far is a BBJ in 26 minutes from landing to take off.

Charges are less than DWC and Dubai International. We're handling over 140 flights a month now.

I know it's blatant advertising, but it's available now as a strong alternative to DWC. And it's not what Sharjah used to be like, it's now joined up and seamless with a good bunch of expats combining it all into one point of contact.