PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 at side of runway covered in foam at EMA?

nacluv
5th Oct 2012, 09:35
A colleague of mine told me last night that a couple of weeks ago he flew into EMA and had to hold for about 45 mins while they cleared the runway. When they came down there was a Jet2 aircraft at the side of the runway covered in foam with the crash appliances in attendance.

I can't find anything online about this? Or am I blind/deaf/misheard (or is he telling porkies!!!)?

Burnie5204
5th Oct 2012, 11:35
We had a jet 2 come into EMA a couple of weeks ago on emergency due to smoke in the cockpit which fire section attended as a precaution but no foam.

The only aircraft thats been foamed since I started is the fire training rig on the northside.

hotpoop
5th Oct 2012, 13:09
The title of this thread is misleading as if it has just happened now...Please amend the title. Thanks

nacluv
6th Oct 2012, 14:20
Thanks, Bernie. So it was a minor tale made much taller than necessary! I did wonder, given the lack of information on the dramatic tale told to me.

Hotpoop - what in the title leads you to divine any sense of timeframe?

PAXboy
7th Oct 2012, 00:53
In PPRuNe where news events appear rapidly a title such as:
Jet2 at side of runway covered in foam at EMA?
would be read as "I think it is NOW at the side of the ..." the question mark would not carry the event to the past but to confirm it as now!

Perhaps: "Was there a Jet2 off the runway at EMA last month?"
:ok: