Jetpro777
5th Oct 2012, 05:28
Enroute to Dubai I overfly Iraq and Kuwait. The chart has a note to call
Kuwait 10min prior to Fir boundary. Does that note apply returning from
UAE thru Kuwait? I have never heard anyone call Kuwait 10min prior
On the return trip. Thanks

John21UK
5th Oct 2012, 19:44
I know and never heard anyone do that either. Does Bahrain ACC take care of that northbound and (Riyadh West even?) Baghdad southbound in terms of ATC talking to each other or a handover to the next sector at like 80nm ish before FIR entry/exit? Just thinking out loud...

BDD
5th Oct 2012, 20:16
I believe it says call Teheran air defense prier to entering there FIR. I'm very sure you have to call them from whatever direction you enter.

BDD

Poire
6th Oct 2012, 07:41
It is a requirement to call in advance. Besides, the local controllers appreciate a "knock on the door" before you enter their areas.

My two cents .... been in the region for a long time.

Oceanic
6th Oct 2012, 08:22
Teheran Air Defense? Don't think they would be too interested in Iraq overflight.

ironbutt57
6th Oct 2012, 08:44
Not a bad idea to give Baghdad a jingle beforehand but usually the Kuwaitis just hand you off..and vice-versa...never had an issue fly the route all the time.. same when entering from Turkish airspace...

Deep and fast
6th Oct 2012, 09:03
Read the en route charts, contact 10 before entering okac fir in the notes section iPad with the jepp app makes this stuff easier though. Do use secondary com until handover though. :\

Wizofoz
6th Oct 2012, 10:00
Both BAH and BAG hand you off prior to the FIR boundry, so you are, in effect, calling KWI ahead of time.