PDA

View Full Version : License Tranferral

hueyracer
3rd Oct 2012, 10:29
Folks,

as i keep having trouble with the German authorities (LBA), who are subjectively interpreting the text from JAR-FCL as it suits them (turning it by 180° everytime i proof them wrong), i would like to transfer my license to another CAA (thinking about the UK)...

1. Has anyone done anything similar before?
2. What´s the process? How do i start?

212man
3rd Oct 2012, 11:09
Not sure how EASA has changed it, but it used to be that either the licence holder or their employer's principle place of business had to be the UK. I looked at it for various JAR FCL licence holders we have - whose authorities have different policies on foreign (UK) TREs signing LPCs etc - but it wasn't possible.

hueyracer
3rd Oct 2012, 17:01
Ok, can answer my own question:

No, it´s not possible-unless the pilot´s living in the country where he wants his license to be transfered to, or unless the employers´company is located in this country...

JAR-FCL 2.065 (c)

Peter PanPan
3rd Oct 2012, 17:23
Huey, been there done that, it can definitely be a very smart move and can be fairly straightforward, feel free to pm me.

PPP

Helinut
3rd Oct 2012, 17:39
I thought the whole point of this European c**p was to remove barriers and allow free movement etc etc :ugh:

Nubian
3rd Oct 2012, 18:07
Huey,

Well, I think it's a diffrent practises than what the regs. might say. I know a quite a few pilots which has UK JAR licenses and other JAR-licenses but have never lived or worked for a company in the respecive countries, only they have done their conversion or education there.

Now an example:
A person holds a JAR license issued in lets say: ''Italy'', but go to work in the UK and change his license. He works there a while, before moving back to Italy. Then he have aquired the license based on the employer. Does that mean he must change back to Italy when he moves again??

hueyracer
3rd Oct 2012, 18:32
There is no need to "change" your license.

Any JAR-license is valid in all JAR-countries-so he can fly with his italian license in the UK without a problem.

If he wants to transfer his license from Italy to the UK, he can do so-and when he moves back, he can transfer his license back to Italy (but there is no need to do it, unless he wants it).

According to JAR-FCL, a pilot can only hold ONE JAR-license at a time....