PDA

View Full Version : Egnatia Aviation's New Integrated Course

jamesleaman
3rd Oct 2012, 00:20
Hi All,

Egnatia Aviation today Have released a new Integrated 0-fATPL course (IKAROS-I), and scrapped there previous Modular route (IKAROS).

Course Includes 0-fATPL + MCC, JOC, CRM, Including Accomodation for 61,800euro.

There Modular route looked, and from feedback here and elsewhere, it sounded extremely good and I was on the verge of signing the papers off to them. From the top of my head they offered everything to get you from 0-fATPL, Including Accommodation, Transfers..etc for 59,400euro. This route included 193 Flight-hours + 35 Sim time, all of which was Diamond DV20/ DA40/ DA42NG.

No doubt there new Integrated Route is just as good; in terms of quality of training, aircraft and instructors, but the Flight hours have taken a massive hit, right down to 140 Flight-hours + 70 sim time.

My preference was always Integrated Training, so I'm glad Egnatia Aviation has gone down that route to some extent, but I'm a-bit hesitant now about the loss of hours. What's your opinions?

This post was intended to inform fellow enthusiasts of another Integrated course on the blocks, not to flare another debate. :ugh:

RichardH
3rd Oct 2012, 08:43
That's one of the big differences. Integrated you end up with less flying hours than modular where you get a PPL then hours build. You would find similar figures with other Integrated FTOs.

Contact Approach
3rd Oct 2012, 09:02
I would most certainly not pay ¢60,000 to to train in Greece right now.

nabanoba
3rd Oct 2012, 11:50
The original Ikaros course at Egnatia was integrated in all but name. So I don't understand why the cost has gone up with this when the training hours have been reduced. Also I don't really see the benefit of doing this course just because it's tagged as 'integrated' when the other course offers ou a cheaper option and more flying hours.

Also I mailed them last week looking for info and haven't received anything back yet.

EpsilonVaz
3rd Oct 2012, 12:40
I would most certainly not pay ¢60,000 to to train in Greece right now.

Why not? Do you think you are exposing your self to risk because of the Greek crisis? You better train somewhere safe like the UK, how about Cabair? Oh wait... they went bust and took everyone's money with them.

Egnatia has a new fleet and is still expanding, quite a succesful school in my eyes. I'd say fairly protected from the situation in Greece as money comes in from international sources, it's not like they need a flow of Greek tax income to survive.

Plus, on the website it says you pay for your course in 2 month installments, so I'd say you've got a level of protection there too.

If someone hears the word "Greece" and rules out the school without really thinking about it, then they're doing the complete opposite of what a major part of being an airline pilot is all about.

jamesleaman
3rd Oct 2012, 14:14
Guys,

The Original IKAROS (Modular) course, Didn't include the MCC + JOC, but did include 235 Hours -

I really don't know why they have scrapped this!? Increasingly annoying when I was putting pen to paper!

nabanoba - I have had plenty of correspondence with Egnatia, They've had been extremely good in terms of explaining any of my questions. They also provided me with former students email addresses - The feedback from these were very very positive, as is much from the forums.

EpsilonVaz - I've seen many of your videos from training on YouTube. Everything looks great down there.

Contact Approach
3rd Oct 2012, 14:37
EpsilonVaz - I wouldn't pay €60,000 upfront anywhere!!