PDA

View Full Version : American Airlines Emergency Landing Shannon

Thunderbirdsix
2nd Oct 2012, 17:22
Smoke in the cabin

Link: American Airlines flight makes emergency landing at Shannon Airport (http://www.thejournal.ie/shannon-airport-emergency-landing-619243-Oct2012/)

Thunderbirdsix
2nd Oct 2012, 18:35
How come this was moved from the main forum its news it was not spotters who reported it, Stupid really

AV Herald report: Incident: American B772 over Atlantic on Oct 2nd 2012, smoke in cockpit (http://avherald.com/h?article=456cb0a5&opt=1)

Hotel Tango
2nd Oct 2012, 21:12
Not that stupid at all. Only spotters are interested in these daily smoke related diversions. We had one at work yesterday which hasn't even made the PPRuNe pages, and nor will it - from me anyway.

kenhughes
2nd Oct 2012, 22:09
I think the fact that it's another American Airlines maintenance issue makes it of more interest to the pilot population rather than spotters.

At least they can't blame the pilots for this incident - as long as they actually find some evidence of smoke. :E

walterthesofty
3rd Oct 2012, 15:25
Where did it say its a maintenance issue? Or are just being a prat and confusing a tech issue with a maintenance issue which is something different

kenhughes
3rd Oct 2012, 17:02
Wind yer neck in Walter.

It could be either. Which ever it is, it doesn't invalidate what I said.

Flightmech
4th Oct 2012, 21:25
Sorry ken walters right, your bang out of order, Either you know it was a maintenance issue or you dont, if you dont why the hell say it was??

By saying its another maintenance issue you certainly suggesting someone has cocked up again in that airlines engineering dept, which is very unfair given you do not appear to know any more than any of us do about exactly what happened.

I don't how you've got the balls to say that with your track record. Maybe it diverted because a valve cap was missing;)

Skipness One Echo
5th Oct 2012, 14:32
Walter sweety, you're banging your head about spotters, again and again isn't healthy. You need to take better care of what brain matter you have left. Good fellow!