PDA

View Full Version : Working for Emirates

Porterboy
1st Oct 2012, 17:03
Hello guys. What would it e like to work for Emirates as a single person? Every thread seems to be about married couples with kids. Would the expereience be different as a single man? And when I ask what it would be like working for Emirates I mean:

-Working conditions
-Life in general
-Living in Dubai (What is it like there other than the non-stop heat?)
-What are the appartments that Emirates provides you with like?
-Anything else you think I should know.

Thanks for your help!

Martin

P.S. I've done lots of research and I have family who lived in Dubai and it seems like a great place but every single thread here at pprune seems to make Emirates sound really unattractive. If your just going to troll this post please don't write anything! I would like to hear from people who can give me an honest and unbiased opinion that either work or worked at Emirates.

Kempus
1st Oct 2012, 17:25
I'm not single but I think it's not as bad as people make out.

As a singleton it's mentioned here and begins on page 1 out the 3

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/495539-truth-about-working-emirates.html

Only 6 posts down from yours funnily enough.

Kempus

Porterboy
1st Oct 2012, 17:49
Whoops! Missed that one! :O Good to hear. I'm only 16 of course. I never know if I'll end up getting married. Haha. But good to hear if I don't, I could enjoy working for Emirates :)

luvly jubbly
1st Oct 2012, 20:29
I think you have a few years before you need to ask this question.
You might well be married with kids of your own by the time you become eligible for Emirates selection!

:=

benjaavpilot
10th Jan 2013, 02:02
Happy wife = Happy Life :)

millerscourt
10th Jan 2013, 07:34
bound_for Dubai's older brother perhaps?

Iver
10th Jan 2013, 12:12
3 words: HOT RUSSIAN WOMEN

casablanca
10th Jan 2013, 13:33
the single FO is put in a modern 3 bedroom high rise apartment. The first 50 stories are fa's while the top 10 or so are filled with pilots. I dont imagine single life is that bad.

h3dxb
10th Jan 2013, 14:23
Iver where ?:rolleyes:

I remember a thread for DXB where to go in summer when the missus is gone :p

Porterboy (funny synonym)

DXB is one of the best cities I ever worked, when not the best.....(Ok compared to MOW the se" there was better ( but now married)

Every day I am driving I love the architecture of this scyscrapers, the boats in the bay, the cars in the street.

Go to NYC TOK SYD and show me the same ! Fcuk all the guys complaining about DXB >>>>> Wanna have a beer ? > go Wanna have sport ? > go Wanna have a girl ? > go

Taxfree ? yes
cheap ? no
Life ? yes

just my 2 cents

H3DXB

h3dxb
10th Jan 2013, 17:34
Sittingly

I am not a commercial pilot, as I did never passed the left/right test. You know this test ?

this is where they catch people, pretending to be a pilot but not able to understand the big issue. Thats why I run a company in aviation but I dont fly . Tooooooooooooooooo many switches there.

I am really grateful that you passed the left/right test. Seems you are the perfect pilot. Pls advise your schedule, hope you will not fly me :8

I was waiting of people like you showing me : no humor, arrogance and unfortunate a left/right problem,

Veni vidi vici Stupidly

H3DXB