PDA

View Full Version : A330 200 and 300 UNRELIABLE SPEED NO BUSS

Microburst2002
1st Oct 2012, 10:57
Hi

I would like to see the pitch thrust tables of the A330 in the unreliable speed procedure when no ADR is reliable. In my fleet we have the Back Up Speed Scale and now the procedure just states "fly the green".

That failure has always been useful to me for simulators, to have an idea of pitch targets when I hand fly. Now the BUSS has taken that from me, especifically the approach values.

Can someone post here those tables?
Thanks

Airmann
1st Oct 2012, 11:07
Should be in your QRH/FCOM?

nitpicker330
1st Oct 2012, 11:56
Yes, our A330's with the BUSS function still have the pitch attitudes thrust setting tables in the QRH. They have to because you need the info to troubleshoot BEFORE you start switching things

Correct they have removed the approach attitudes but they were all for level flight anyway and the only 3 deg one was for Config 3 Gear down. So no real useful attitudes for normal ops on the approach as its not normal to fly level whilst configuring.

Just follow the FD. :ok:

It's an Airbus FBW so you aren't really flying anyway!! :D

safelife
1st Oct 2012, 12:31
For A330-200, PW4168 engines.

Microburst2002
1st Oct 2012, 13:49
Safelife, thanks a lot!!!

Nitpicker, In some airlines they use conf3 as normal landing conf(i dont like it), and in eng out, we use conf 3, right?

they should include such tables in the FCTM, if not in the FCOM, for crews info. Would be nice

I do fly airbus fbw whe they let me disconnect. Except when some transparent to th pilot PRIM feature does't let me...

nitpicker330
2nd Oct 2012, 02:00
Ok so the only possible useful info is the pitch att/N1 for a Conf 3 app.

You can't remember 4 deg and 45 % N1? ( my QRH has different figures to the one pasted above, possibly different Engines )

Even then after doing it a few times you don't need to remember it.

Microburst2002
2nd Oct 2012, 05:22
Well, yes. That's the point. i want to anticipate and know the data before I even have any experience in the sim or real airplane