PDA

View Full Version : Casual pay rate

Phil O'Rupp
1st Oct 2012, 07:26
Just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what the current daily rate of pay is for casual GA pilot doing ME IFR piston (6-10 seat) work. I know - look at the award, but wanting an idea of what poeple are actually getting/asking for and if there is much difference from the equavalent pro-rata of a full time salary due to lack of extras (leave entitlements, job security etc.).

UnaMas
1st Oct 2012, 19:37
Depends, do you work for Arthur Morris?

Hold_Short
2nd Oct 2012, 00:31
$200 a day...thats if the plane and its passengers get to where they wanted to go. Other than that! Don't wish for much more!

Horatio Leafblower
2nd Oct 2012, 12:04
I heard $350/day is the rate for casuals in Chieftains. Why the hell you would have a "casual" pilot flying "casually" I dunno.

Phil O'Rupp
4th Oct 2012, 02:22
Thanks for the replies.

Vincent, I was thinking a daily rate rather than a per flying hour rate as there would probably to be some wait jobs - the ones where you do max duty but might only fly for a few hours.

Sounds like about $250 might be what expect then....and yes, for a bit more I could be less casual and more diligent and focussed on the job;)

norwester33
4th Oct 2012, 20:52
Wot about clause (A) EXCEPT Ag pilots ?, poor bastards.

Jabawocky
4th Oct 2012, 22:05
They get paid way more:E

propblast
1st Nov 2012, 11:43
So does anyone know if/when the new award is being announced or coming into effect?

Horatio Leafblower
1st Nov 2012, 23:28
New award?

The Air Pilots Award 2010 is the award... it gets updated regularly to reflect minimumm pay rate decisions and CPI increases. If you download it from the AFAP website you will get the current version.

Regards

propblast
2nd Nov 2012, 00:15
Thanks HL. I've been working off the 2010 award but when I searched I saw "Air Pilots General Award" listed as for negotiation this year, but its status was cancelled, then I got lost on the site and haven't been able to relocate any reference.