PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Canada.

poonpossum
30th Sep 2012, 14:16
I have been toying with the idea of moving to Canada on a work visa and converting my CPL.

I think it would be a cool way to see another part of the world and keep flying, and hopefully get an opportunity to fly float planes.

I have my first charter job here already, but am considering moving on and over there with about 600 - 800 hours.

Has anyone ever done this or have any advice regarding such a move?

LeadSled
30th Sep 2012, 16:11
pp,
Great idea, you will find a whole world of flying that simply does not exist in Australia. Gets you away from the whole anal approach to matters aviation in Australia.
And a small bonus, Transport Canada is a pleasure to deal with, unlike CASA, or perhaps I should say, compared to CASA.
Tootle pip!!

iPahlot
30th Sep 2012, 20:39
Sounds like a great plan! Have you been flying floats in oz or are you hoping to get in to floats up there?

Either way, it seems that a lot of guys and girls going up there start as rampies for a while before getting a flying gig though some get a gig straight off the bat.

As with the industry here is start working on building a network.

There is also a canadian specific forum on the interwebs full of canadian aviators and a number of threads on doing just as you are planning :8

Good luck :ok:

maehhh
30th Sep 2012, 22:02
Transport Canada is a pleasure to deal with, unlike CASA, or perhaps I should say, compared to CASA

Probably every CAA in the world is better to deal with compared to CASA :{

I had a Canadian FI once and from what he told me flying in Canada must be great fun. That's all I can contribute to this topic...

maehhh

tuck
1st Oct 2012, 03:37
Do you deal with CASA? I thought you just walked into one of their new and opulent offices, ring the bell wait for the staff to come out and point at the phone that connects you with CLARK (not the airport north of Manila). Great to see our hard earn coin is making telstra wealthy.

Piano Man
1st Oct 2012, 05:33
Love the idea but without bursting your bubble, the float work is harder to get into up there than it is down here in Oz.

the_rookie
1st Oct 2012, 06:08
best bets to have a read through this and post some questions on here AvCanada ::: Welcome ::: (http://www.avcanada.ca/)