PDA

View Full Version : Ir Done ... Now What ????

smartcol
9th Apr 2002, 19:36
Having recently finally attained my IR, after a heelish trip to Cambridge, where all that could go wrong with ATC, did do, I am now onto my next worry and even bigger problem. WHAT NOW ?

Does anyone have any ideas for a newly qualified pilot, with 300 hours, and an MCC, what lies out there for me ? What chance do I actually have of getting an airline job ? Are the regionals a better bet ? What about working in Europe ? Are there any agencys who put you forward if, for example you do a type rating with them ?

Any help/advice is much appreciated ...

Thanks Col

easondown
9th Apr 2002, 20:11
I think you have 3 options :

1. Instructors rating and build up some more time.

2. CTC scheme - I believe they get good results in getting low time guys airline jobs.

3. Apply to the airlines and wait......

Hope this helps a bit. I've got friends who are A320 rated and B757 rated who can't get work at the moment...........HOpe things will pick up soon.

MAX
9th Apr 2002, 20:45
If you havent landed a job in 3 months do something positive such as is posted above. Or get a job in Ops with a company, beg and steal hours and get a foot in the door. You will be surprised how quickly a year unemployed will come and that damn IR renewal rears its ugly head!

MAX:cool:

The Greaser
9th Apr 2002, 21:50
Smartcol,

Since obtaining my IR 2 months ago I have had an interview with Astraeus, turned down a job opportunity in the Channel Islands and in 2 weeks have an interview with CTC for the ATP scheme. Get those applications out and things might just happen for you.

Good Luck

MJR
10th Apr 2002, 07:45
Having got as far as you have I'm surprised you don't know what to do next!