PDA

View Full Version : What is CAP 696 and 697?

BUDGIE
9th Apr 2002, 19:07
Sorry I ain't a clue what it is?
Anyone help?

Thanks,
BUDGIE

pilot-lite
9th Apr 2002, 19:17
CAP 696 etc., these are the documents provided by the CAA for your Mass & Balance, Flight Planning etc exams. They are for three fictional aircraft, a simple piston single (Warrior), complex twin (Seneca) and medium range jet (737).

They will be provided by your FTO or you can get them direct from the CAA.

You will learn to love them...........:D

pilot-lite

BUDGIE
9th Apr 2002, 19:20
cheers

mmm can't find it, need it obviously but can't find em' ahh ****.

BUDGIE

Send Clowns
9th Apr 2002, 21:57
Pilot-lite - slight correction the single is neither simple nor (obviously, as that is simple) a Warrior. It is a Beech Bonanza.
Pedantic, I know, but...

Budgie

Your FTO (training provider) should supply copies of CAP 696, 697 and 698. Bug them if they have not.

pilot-lite
10th Apr 2002, 10:48
SC,

I sit corrected ;)

pilot-lite

bumpfich
10th Apr 2002, 19:12
Budgie,

If you are with Oxford you'll find the CAP's in book 15 - Reference Material.

CAP 696 - Loading
CAP 697 - Flight Planning
CAP 698 - Performance :mad:

Hope that helps.

BF

Send Clowns
10th Apr 2002, 20:22
Scroggs, I judge my posts against what WWW (a former employee of a well-known FTO) has posted in the past, and what you and he have allowed to stand here in the past without comment. If the tolerance levels have changed, please accept my apologies. I have removed the reference.

However I find that the level of criticism implied of me is completely unwarranted by the posts I have made, and would request that you remove your post.

Sensible
10th Apr 2002, 20:57
Send Clowns, I don't believe that WWW has ever promoted an FTO or defended individuals of questionable integrity - maybe that is why your posts are viewed in a different light!!!

Toodle pip!

Send Clowns
10th Apr 2002, 21:40
Well, sensible, I would beg to disagree. I also think that removing libellous posts is probably more important a part of the moderators job than removing a single paragraph in a post of mine that was in my opinion completely justified.

90%+ of people reading this forum know who Oxford, Cabair or BAe are. Very few know who my employers are and given the nature of another thread here it would be posible to confuse them with a company that is coming in for much criticism. I put in a brief paragraph explaining who we are, in a post that emphasised in its other two paragraphs that the reader should look at all the options. Scroggs removed that paragraph.

Wee Weasley Welshman
10th Apr 2002, 22:11
At any time I made a posting about an employer of mine they were blatently stated in my profile.

I stand by anything I ever said. That I flew for Air Cadets, Pool Aviation, BAE or GO should not preclude me from commenting on their activities.

As I recall it I have publicly advised people to do US PPL and Hours, go to OATS/BAE/CABAIR, consider a more local - smaller FTO, Join the Military/Cadets, pursue sponsorship or just enjoy aviation as a hobby.

You on the other hand have been warned both by posting and by email not to push your employers interests too far without an adequate acknowledgment of your employment status.

But to be fair you have made many useful and altruistic posts here and your efforts as such are gratefully received. Lets not fall out eh? Good luck with the new development. Bournemouth is a cracking good training field, it deserves good schools.

Sensible
10th Apr 2002, 23:14
SC if you had your own website you could then set the rules. As it is, this website is fortunately not yours and therefore you need to abide by the rules set by the moderators appointed by Capt PPRuNe. You could of course always ask Capt PPRuNe to appoint you as a moderator!!

I for one am very suspicious of your agenda. Perhaps you should spell out who your employers are, then readers will be able to place your postings into perspective.

After following your prattlings about SFT, I really don't believe that your posts have any credibility whatsoever. Scroggs in my opinion acted completely properly in inviting you to edit your post. Quite simply, you seek to mislead. Perhaps you would care to explain why, I will be interested to learn why you sought to protect the guilty at SFT!!!! Is Colin Green your best mate??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Me here in reality, you with your head in theclouds'

FlyingForFun
11th Apr 2002, 08:13
Gentlemen,

Can we please stop the bickering? This thread is getting close to being moved to JetBlast! And I have to admit I'm a little surprised to see the (usually excellent) moderators being drawn into it.

For the record, I know Send Clowns very well. He is a friend of mine, and a professional, and I have sought impartial advice from him in the past (and taken his advice), and will continue to do so in the future. As far as I know, he has never made any secret of what he does for a living, nor who he works for, although he chooses not to advertise this in his profile. I don't know what it was that he wrote (I'm sure I read it, but it didn't register as being significant, and I don't remember it now) but I'm sure it was not intended as a "snide potshots at a competitor." However, the offending material has now been removed, and Send Clowns has apologised - can we not let the matter rest?

FFF
---------