PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Engineering Recruitment

zjam
28th Sep 2012, 10:38
Hi

I have recently applied for position of Aircraft Technician in Dubai for Emirates on there Emirates Group Careers page.
The job 'posted' date of 24th may 2012 and 'open' as the closing date.
I am wondering does anyone know there recruitment procedures, do they only hire in blocks once a year or are they constantly hireing?

Also, I have an EASA B1 and have been signing for a year and 3 months, would I be the kinda guy they would be looking for. Is it had to convert the licence to GCAA?

Are Emirates good to give type courses and get guys to approved signing standard?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

flame_bringer
28th Sep 2012, 19:04
If you've been signing for 1 year then do not apply for the technician post as that would be unfair towards you and you would be considered as overqualified for the post in question, wait till you gain more of signing experience (5 years on 330s) then apply for the engineer post and they will definitely shortlist you.
Good luck

Plore
30th Sep 2012, 20:40
If you apply for the Technician position you will get no support from the company in getting your GCAA licence since it’s not required for your position. That said, once you have it you should not have any problems in getting courses and subsequent promotion at some point.

For the Engineers route... Once you have *2 years signing experience on either A380, A340, A330 or B777 you could be brought in on either an E1 or E2 position (I think). If they bring you in on E1 (no duplicate inspections or ground runs allowed, mostly utilized in the hangers and cabin maintenance) you have to stay in that position for *2 years.

Once promoted to E2 (no second leg of duplicate inspections allowed - I think) you have to stay in that position for *3 years before being eligible for an E3 position.

Obviously the E1, E2 and E3 positions have salary differences that apply. If you don’t have signing experience on the above mentioned aircraft, and you are not likely to get it at your current employer in the near future, you are not likely to get a call-up as an engineer.

In such a case it would definitely be better to apply as a Technician, get your GCAA licence and gain experience on those aircraft. Once promoted to engineer you will be started at E1 and the route to E3 gets slightly longer. Once again, if you don't have those types at your current employer it is your only way in...

*I'm not entirely sure what the promotion/starting requirements for Dubai positions look like at the moment so I might be off by a year regarding years spent in positions and also not 100% sure at what level they could bring you in on, E1 or E2, based on your years of experience.

The closing date is listed as 'open' because the need for staff is high, higher than they would like to admit anyway. Apparently there’s a new manager in the DXB Engineering recruitment section and from what I hear things should start happening now. Many previous applications have been 'pending' for long periods on the system due to 'less commitment' from that department in the past. You can read of a few of those on this forum as I'm sure you have already.

I can't comment on how hard it is to convert the EASA licence because I don't have one myself. GCAA is however taking strides to align with EASA and even changed their systems to the same CAR66 type of system now recently (still an ongoing process). I'm hoping to convert my GCAA to EASA at some stage so if you could let me know how much different they are I would appreciate it :}

I don’t think I can tell you much more but feel free to PM me if you want to ask anything. Bear in mind I'm not on the forum often so you may have to use patience to get an answer.

Good luck with your application!

Correction:
I had a look at the EPM again today and the only restriction on CRS is for an E1, who is not allowed to sign second leg of a duplicate inspection.