PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet Liverpool to Rhodes

tjamesbo
26th Sep 2012, 12:16
Am travelling the above route This sat 7.am departurefrom Liverpool courtesy of easyjet , as an avid aircraft / aviation fan i wondered if there was anything of interest about the aircraft type which is likely to be used and anything else of interest about the route or departure / landing and any best side of A/c to sit for views on approach etc . thanks

500 above
26th Sep 2012, 13:19
Probably the left hand side would be the better view. The Dalmatian coast in Croatia is stunning, if you fly over it. Rhodes usually land on runway 25 this time of year. You will get a nice view of the cruise ships and the old town off the left side. Stay off the Mythos beer!

tjamesbo
27th Sep 2012, 10:07
Thanks for that

Captivep
28th Sep 2012, 09:58
Having been sat on the top deck of a cruise ship in Rhodes harbour a couple of weeks ago I can vouch for that - great views of a lot of inbound traffic (including a very smart looking 747-400 from an airline I couldn't identify but which departed to the South a few hours later).

500 above
28th Sep 2012, 10:47
That would be Transaero.

Transaero Airlines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transaero_Airlines)

Captivep
28th Sep 2012, 12:46
Indeed it was! I could see the tail livery but not the titles...thank you for solving that little mystery.

500 above
28th Sep 2012, 17:33
Very commonplace airline in Greece and Cyprus. The Russians like these parts. At PFO on a Wednesday you would see the TSO 737, 747's, 767 and the 777 all arrive within an hour of each other! Those boys seem to like their visual approaches in the Jumbo. I've seen some interesting ones...

Dct_Mopas
29th Sep 2012, 17:00
From LPL then Rhodes is almost always served by one of the two LPL based A320's. Apart from that you will have great views once over the greek islands and the left side is best for views into turkey and then rhodes itself