PDA

View Full Version : Tag Aviation Asia

bringbackthe80s
26th Sep 2012, 10:37
Hi guys

I am not too familiar with biz jets so please forgive me.

I would like to know any info about this company, especially about the bigger frames. How does lifestyle work? You have a roster? You are on call for so many days?

Also about job security..I understand that with netjets you basically work for a similar company as an airline, is it the same with TAG or are you linked only to the particular owner of the aircraft you fly..and if the aircraft goes then you go too...?

Any more info appreciated, thanks a lot!

envoy
27th Sep 2012, 15:31
Work and lifestyle at TAG Asia are much like what you would experience at most other companies that manage privately owned aircraft.

Flying privately owned bizjets is a personal business and crew are assigned to an airframe. Your fortunes rise and fall with that of the owner, and if they decide to change management company or sell the jet, you are looking for a job. If the owner decides he doesn't like you... Then you don't shift sideways to another jet. Again, you are on the job market.

Your lifestyle is also at the whim of the owner: busy owner = busy you. Unless you are fortunate to be assigned to a 3+ pilot crew or have a particularly organised owner, the chances of a roster are remote. Amongst the many reasons owners buy bizjets, is the convenience of having a jet available at short notice. So not only is there no roster, but you are also - more or less - on call.

If you are coming from the airlines, you need to think seriously about whether you can handle giving up control of your personal time.

Further, if you come in as an FO, you need to be mindful of the very limited scope for upgrade. You have a seniority number of #2 in a 2-pilot pool!

Having put a noticeably negative tone in the above comments, I must balance that and say that if you have the right attitude, flying biz av is incredibly satisfying. Best job in the world, in my view!

Safe flying

bringbackthe80s
27th Sep 2012, 17:16
Thanks a lot envoy great info

I have to say some of that was what I was hoping not to hear..basically is pretty much like flying for a private person, just with a company in the middle organizing the logistics..quite different from netjets then.

Sounds a little bit tricky from the job security and private life planning point of view...but never say never.

Thanks again

AriGold
28th Sep 2012, 14:44
Envoy - Would you say Metrojet is the same as tag Asia? If the plane goes so do you, or is there more lateral and vertical movement at Metro?