PDA

View Full Version : Jetairfly interview

emlo
26th Sep 2012, 10:33
Hi all,

Anybody called for an interview at Jetairfly here? If yes I'd greatly appreciate some advice/tips ;)

Thanks in advance,

happy hunting

Sabena320
26th Sep 2012, 16:22
Without indeed going in detail about the job possibilities.
The interview is with someone from HR and one pilot. Just the regular HR questions, like why you want to work with JAF, about your history, education, personality,... Also one question is in French or Dutch, which is no problem at all if you're at least able to express yourself properly in French (or Dutch if you're French).
Then some technical questions from the pilot. Can be basic questions but also quite in depth questions, really depends on the pilot itself, so difficult to help you with that.

Anunaki
26th Sep 2012, 17:09
If there is a French and Dutch speakers forum you might get more responses since this airline did a great job of securing those positions for Belgian nationals only,even tho Belgium and it's EU flag,promotes freedom of movement of workers in the EU.Not being a bitch,but I doubt you get many responses here...either way,good luck :ok:

exeng
26th Sep 2012, 21:14
If a sim ride is planned then sharpen up on raw data flying - I don' think they have heard of flight directors.

deadcut
27th Sep 2012, 03:56
Who the hell came up with a name like that? Jetairfly? Wingtailfuel?

Bralo20
29th Sep 2012, 21:31
It was Gerard Brackx who founded the travelcompany in 1971 by the name "Jetair". It used Sabena/Sobelair as carriers to transport the customers to their destinations. In 1996 he sold half of his company to TUI travel and when he gave the company to his son Bart Brackx in 2001 it was completely sold to TUI not much later. Bart Brackx remained in charge of Jetair until he rose to the top of TUI where he became managing director of TUI Western Europe. AFAIK this month is his last month before he retires at the age of 50 to enjoy life.

JetairFly was founded when Sabena's daughter company Sobelair filed for bankruptcy in 2003/2004, first it was named TUI Airlines Belgium but since the "Jetair" brand is quite big in Belgium (Jetair is the largest touroperator in the country) the airline was rebranded in JetairFly but called by the people "Jetair" like the travelagency. Today Jetair is Belgium's second largest passenger airline and operates as a fully scheduled airliner rather then a charterairline like the other airlines in the TUI Travel group. It's a quite succesful airline today, it has the youngest fleet in the country (nearly all planes are delivered factory new with 6 new planes arriving in 2013). This year the operations of Marrocons TUI airline Jet4you were integrated in JetairFly with all planes now flying on the Belgian register.

emlo
7th Oct 2012, 15:38
Thanks for the hints!
I had a very relaxed interview with them; one HR girl and the training manager. It was more based on who I am than what I know. They asked questions about flying experience; specific examples etc.
Wait and see!

uchy
7th Oct 2012, 17:13
for wich position they are looking for? experienced pilot?

B737Capitano
10th Oct 2012, 13:02
Which agency would you use to go to Jetairly? I heard Contractair were the only agency recruiting but now I have seen advert from CAE Parc. Anyone has any experience with either of them?

Bongose
10th Oct 2012, 20:44
They do fly with Contractair and Parc pilots during the busy summer months.

Bongose
10th Oct 2012, 20:45
cadet pilots, student pilots who are willing to combine a full time day job in flight/ground ops with their flight training and AB-initio pilots.

emlo
10th Oct 2012, 20:58
They performed selection processes for ab initio pilots. I am sorry to say this but I believe the screenings are over. They proposed one year working on the ground then if successful in a practical test (sr20 check ride) they might offer you a TR and a contract.
The last part is then not assured from the beginning, but given the actual market's situation, I see securing a job in an airline for an ab-initio a very good way to get started and learn how it really works in a company. Finally, if you go through and get a right seat in one of their shiny brand new 738's, its all benefic! to say the least...

Indeed I believe they hire contractors during busy summer months. Full time pilots are used to work on the ground few days a month during the winter.

B737Capitano
11th Oct 2012, 12:12
Parc is advertising 12 months contract but Contractair only 6 months. Has anyone applied for this role?

emlo
13th Oct 2012, 11:32
even tho Belgium and it's EU flag,promotes freedom of movement of workers in the EU

Not being a bitch, but it's just the same everywhere in europe; germany, france, the uk, scandinavian countries etc, when they ask you to speak german, french, or a scandinavian language! :=

luc753
1st Nov 2012, 13:04
Hello,

I will have an interview next week with JAF. First they will talk about the airline then we will make an theoretical exam. Did someone make it? Is it possible to have some tips about this?

Thanks in advance

captain.weird
1st Nov 2012, 21:09
Are you going as a cadet or F/O - CPT ?

luc753
1st Nov 2012, 21:24
@captain.weird

I will go for a ground fonction for ab initio...

captain.weird
1st Nov 2012, 21:57
Are you already undergoing flight training?

SixPin
24th Nov 2012, 21:01
Full time pilots are used to work on the ground few days a month during the winter.:=

What kind of 'work' are pilots doing 'on the ground'?:confused:

MD11Man
23rd Jan 2013, 09:50
Just thinking about applying here for now - I'm 737 rated (300 - 900), but have more hours on the classic than NG. Is that a problem?

Also, are they looking for summer contractors only, or is there a decent chance of a full time contract if selection is passed?

Thanks

aloa326
23rd Jan 2013, 09:57
Hi MD;

Are you fluent in Dutch, French and obviously English??
Or is it a requirement but maybe not essential?

Cheers

MD11Man
23rd Jan 2013, 10:22
Hi aloa,

Dutch & English yes; I have a basic knowledge of French, but am not fluent.

Do you know the answer to any of my questions?

aloa326
23rd Jan 2013, 10:48
No MD i am sorry, just asking about languages requirements.

cheers

The SSK
23rd Jan 2013, 11:14
The following might be of interest ...

Wage watchers: how much does an airline pilot earn? | Xpats | The Bulletin (http://www.xpats.com/en/guides/wage-watchers-how-much-does-an-airline-pilot-earn)

MD11Man
23rd Jan 2013, 11:42
The SSK; can you explain me why this would be of interest?

Cougarpilot, please tell me why, thanks :-)

IdleTakeoff
6th Feb 2013, 11:48
Don't confuse language requirements for ab initio pilots and contract pilots.
For experienced pilots hired as contractors no French or Dutch is needed.

As an ab initio you start on the ground, after succesfull completion of all tests you will get a training on the right seat.
After completion of your line training, you perform 4 ground duties a months as a way to 'pay' back your type rating.

The ground function gives you a chance to get to know the company, procedures and people.
Afterwards you get to fly brand new NGs, together with young good looking cabin crew...

Could be worse, no?

MD11Man
13th Feb 2013, 19:39
Does anyone know if they're actually hiring 737 rated people at the moment? (> 1500 hrs on type)

Da-20 monkey
13th Feb 2013, 19:52
They regulary hire ab initio's from KLM flight academy to fly for 500 hours or so.. I don't expect most of them to speak French.

MD11Man
14th Feb 2013, 15:28
But is that for summer contracts? I heard KLS people seem to get a few of those, so I wonder whether it's permanent or not.

JStone
3rd Apr 2013, 20:38
Hi

I'm trying to apply for the B737 FO position advertised on the website, I only speak English, so the application form is a little difficult.

Can anyone send me Contact details for HR to see if they would accept an application from me given my language issue.

Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanks in advance