PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane "GA" Terminal

megle2
24th Sep 2012, 05:27
Rumour is all the excess FIFO / Pilot vehicles are going to banned / booked and terminal taken over by a private company
Parking area will have a boom gate installed and aircraft parking divided into parking for Dash / Saab size aircraft with no allowance for smaller aircraft
Don't know when this starts but some initial car park concrete cutting has already started

MakeItHappenCaptain
24th Sep 2012, 06:04
Hey, Arthur! Old buddy! Old mate....pal..?:}

Hasselhof
24th Sep 2012, 06:28
But it's been paid parking there for well over a decade!!! :}

Aimpoint
24th Sep 2012, 07:11
Bollards are next along the road to stop 'illegal' parking. It seems a quite a few people have been parking in the area around the GA terminal and down towards Adagold for free, then catching a jet from the domestic terminal. The other option could be to park in the recently vacated TNT parking area.

NIK320
24th Sep 2012, 10:52
No real change from now..
ATC try their hardest to talk you out of landing in bne if your a GA type.
A few times they have flat out refused.

No point having a GA terminal if we are not allowed to use it...

diddly squat
24th Sep 2012, 14:41
Oz is going backwards daily.

hurlingham
25th Sep 2012, 20:28
There is one vehicle that has been in the same spot for nearly 2 years

Capt Fathom
26th Sep 2012, 04:29
ATC try their hardest to talk you out of landing in bne if your a GA type.
A few times they have flat out refused.

Why would they do that?

As long as you complied with the requirements and understand you may have to hold for a while, there is no reason to be denied access other than with a emergency in the area.

NIK320
26th Sep 2012, 04:55
Last time it happened they sited slot times.
We only get slots when they can spare us some runway without interrupting RPT, which is a very small time frame in the middle of the day.

Its not like I was asking for a slot for fun.
I had a commercial purpose that required BN not AF.

Everyone gets holding in peak and we understand that. It would be nice if they at least try to accommodate everyone rather than laughing at my request and saying not a chance.

At the same time they are usually very accommodating and helpful when it comes to airwork in the zone.

morno
26th Sep 2012, 05:14
I think you'll find it's the system, not the controllers. If you designate a G type flight, then you'll be held until there's a spot, which in peak times could take a loooong time.

Brisbane is busy enough as it is with the current traffic levels, don't blame the controllers, because there's very little they can do!

morno

NIK320
26th Sep 2012, 06:51
I have no doubt that the root cause will be the system and how slots are dealt with. The controllers are an awesome bunch who try to help you out when they can. I apologise to any controller reading this thread, that took my comments as an attack on the front line.

The point of the post was that the GA terminal is not easily accessible, so it won't really matter if they close it.