PDA

View Full Version : BE10 Operators

lilflyboy262...2
23rd Sep 2012, 17:40
Hey there,

Just looking for some help on BE10 operators in Aussie? My work permit is nearly up in Canada and looking at moving closer to home.
Have between 2-3000hrs now, and a few hundred on type as an F/o.

Most of the King Air companies I have found have the 200's or 350's instead.

Cheers for any help!

tail wheel
23rd Sep 2012, 20:12
Don't believe any Beech 100s ever came to Australia. There are a few Beech 90s but mostly old and not financially viable compared to modern aircraft. Not sure how you can be an FO on a single pilot aircraft?

hiwaytohell
23rd Sep 2012, 22:59
T/W is correct, there are no Aussie B100s. Our company looked at importing one a few years ago and we came across some certification issues that made first of type too hard!

If you want to search the operators, here is the link to the CASA register: Civil Aviation Safety Authority - Data files (http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:PWA::pc=PC_90129)

If you sort by manufacturer/type/model it will give you the operators... remember to search both Beechcraft & Raytheon. There are about 9 x 90s, 78 x 200s and 9 x 300/350s

lilflyboy262...2
24th Sep 2012, 00:50
That will be why I am having so many issues finding them! Thanks for the pointers!

@Tailwheel. How are people logging F/o time on a lot of the light turboprops? Even the B1900C and D are certified as single pilot aircraft. It is country and company regs that make them two crew ops.

Would any of the companies that are looking for 500 multi take consideration on someone who has 300+ multi but over 1000hrs turboprop command on caravans?

Not wanting to make sideways moves.

avconnection
24th Sep 2012, 01:41
It depends on where in Aus and which end of the industry you're hoping to enter but if you haven't already, have a look at Hinterland in Cairns. They'd be interested in your hours, light twins and Vans. There are more than a few places with decent fleets that would be interested with those hours, just don't be limited by your type.

j3pipercub
24th Sep 2012, 02:20
If you want to come back to the 'sheltered workshop' as the elite who fly in SE Asian airlines call it, you may have to be prepared to move sideways. I have seen it happen more than once, perhaps it is the price you pay for living in your home country.

With your hours, West Wing might also be worth a look.

j3

kalavo
24th Sep 2012, 03:39
Majority who want 500 multi CMD do so to comply with the regs, unlikely to get around it. Already a few options listed here, but your best bet may be a Caravan operator with light twins you can move in to.