PDA

View Full Version : Some Advice n time building

n9umea
23rd Sep 2012, 16:35
Hi,

I came back from the US not long ago where I did my flight training, I have now FAA CPL ME/IR.
I will be coming to the UK in about 2 weeks time, and was wondering where to go as far as finding cheap places to rent an aircraft. And anyone wanting to build time in single or twin to bring the costs down?

Anyone with sound advice?

Thank you

Pilot DAR
23rd Sep 2012, 19:05
Well N9, Though I do not intend this with the unkind tone it could seem to carry....If you applied with me for a piloting job in a few years, and told me that you'd "built time" in a "cheap" aircraft, I'd think the lesser of you.

Aircraft have an operational cost, which must be borne (presumably by the pilot wanting to rent or own it). Of course, you would like to fly in a cost effective way, we all would, but that carries a different connotation than asking for a "cheap" aircraft. What part is to be "cheap"? the maintenance?

You can have an hour a thousand times, or a thousand hours. I'm sure that you would be more interested in building varied experience of value, rather than building "time". I've met some 200 pilots who had it all over the instructor with a thousand hours in the circuit and training area.

Always present yourself as you would like to be seen, you might be presenting yourself to a future boss here, and not even know it yet.

I wish you good flying experiences....

n9umea
23rd Sep 2012, 19:29
What is wrong with Pilot DAR??

When Pilot DAR doesnt know people and the WHOLE story and just read some text on the internet he should refrain from posting uneducated comments!......................

So anyone else??
Pilot DAR not need reply!

Fly-by-Wife
23rd Sep 2012, 19:57
What a wonderful attitude our new member has!

Best of luck with finding someone to fly with - with your charm you will doubtless have a multitide beating a path to your door.

FBW

n9umea
23rd Sep 2012, 20:10
thats it!!
wats wrong with those people?

this forum is day!! this is my last post and never come back so dont bother write it wont be read!!, ..not by ME anyway

pfffff...

Pilot DAR
23rd Sep 2012, 21:10
So... if the poster who asks me not to reply, then says [he] is not going to read anymore, is it okay for me to reply again?

peterh337
23rd Sep 2012, 21:18
And anyone wanting to build time in single or twin to bring the costs down?

How would that work?

Saab Dastard
23rd Sep 2012, 21:20
PilotDAR,

I wouldn't waste any time if I were you - although flouncers like that have a habit of lurking to observe the reaction to their flouncing!

Nothing to see here, folks, just move along now.

SD