PDA

View Full Version : Civilian Airworthy N Reg Sepecat Jaguar for sale

NutLoose
22nd Sep 2012, 23:48
See

SEPECAT Jaguar S Single Seat Fighter for sale!! In flying Condition in Aircraft | eBay Motors (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SEPECAT-Jaguar-S-Single-Seat-Fighter-sale-flying-Condition-/271063702354?pt=Motors_Aircraft&hash=item3f1ca7db52&ssPageName=RSS:B:SHOP:US:101)

Has only got 102's in it so a bit gutless... But 200-300 hours Total Time.

But as it is an ex Nigerian example and as the UK PLC, if the rumours are correct, stood surety on them and ended up paying for them due to defaulted payments, then surely they still belong to the UK?

longer ron
23rd Sep 2012, 08:01
You could buy a jet with some wing area and power for that LOL :)

sharpend
23rd Sep 2012, 08:18
But no reheat allowed on British register, so no flying in UK (unless runway = 20,000 feet) :) Mind you, I sure I could still remember how to get it off the ground, but ..............................

bvcu
23rd Sep 2012, 08:42
Nutloose
dont think Nigeria had 102's , think they had one of the higher powered export engines. Did the engine course in about 82 at Rolls at Bristol and there were two guys on the course going out there on that contract so we covered that variant . Dont think the course notes are still in the loft !!!

NutLoose
23rd Sep 2012, 09:01
Yep, just looked, the ad states them, however the web says

The Nigerian Jaguars had the LRMTS nose, overwing rails for Sidewinders, and Adour Mk811-58 engines.

Lordflasheart
23rd Sep 2012, 09:14
Looks like a Mk 419 to me. Easy way to find out. ;) LFH

Chris_H81
23rd Sep 2012, 09:47
Spreading the word of God through military inspired aviation
Riiiiiight.....

scarecrow450
23rd Sep 2012, 10:21
But they do include free delivery !

Krystal n chips
23rd Sep 2012, 13:04
" But they do include free delivery"

Not strictly true....only if you actually buy it now, otherwise it's a "sign here, guv" job when a couple of DHL trucks pitch up to your front door.

I wonder how many Micro turbo's are included in the deal given their capacity to go click, splutter, white smoke and... stop.

NutLoose
23rd Sep 2012, 16:18
It could be the start of a whole new era.... Invade Iran, who needs a Carrier or C17, just DHL a squadron of Tornados or Typhoons to theatre, think of the savings... In fact you could just DHL a load of thousands pounders to Tehran on time fuses, no collateral damage as they will deliver them right to the targets and on timed deliveries.. :ok:

walbut
23rd Sep 2012, 16:18
Some years ago one of our far east export Hawk customers asked if they could do a repair to a Microturbo GTS. We advised them it would not be permitted by the vendor because it would involve separating the turbine and compressor and they did not have the facilties to balance and retest afterwards.
A few weeks later the BAE rep on site was summoned by the customer's engineers to come and watch the first start of the repaired unit, which had already been installed in an aircraft. He and about a dozen locals stood and watched as the ground runner in the front cockpit started the GTS which wound up with its usual high pitched whine. About 20 seconds later, presumably having got a 'GTS green' the runner turned to the crowd with a big grin and gave a thumbs up signal. This was followed almost immediately by a loud bang, a plume of smoke and flame from the top of the fuselage and a short, ear splitting screech as the GTS wound down.
The rep turned round to see the reaction of the locals to find he was the only person left on the line with the runner in the cockpit.

Lima Juliet
23rd Sep 2012, 17:17
Surely, trades description act issues?

Jaguar Single Seat Fighter

Shouldn't it read Jaguar Single Seat Bomber or even light trainer as it was supposed to be? :E

LJ

NutLoose
23rd Sep 2012, 18:16
You'll upset them Leon, there will be some Jaguar pilots along soon defending the leaf blower.... Sorry my mistake, underpowered leaf blower.. :}

Wensleydale
23rd Sep 2012, 18:31
So the Nigerians have stopped trying to scam gullible pensioners with software/lottery/refund swindles and are now trying to hook ex-Jaguar pilots as an easier target?

Just wondered.......

Talk Reaction
23rd Sep 2012, 18:48
Brilliant, "Jets for Jesus"!!!

I don't know how many ads for over $2 million can have so little effort in their english, oh well, I'm convinced so I just need to paypal $10000 to 'Turtle' (who only has a cell phone) and the jets mine...........

:hmm:

Agaricus bisporus
23rd Sep 2012, 18:53
They don't seem to know how many hours its done, engine or airframe, calling it a "fighter" - woolly descriptions elaewhere, it just doesn't sound like a serious aviation person wrote that - and that crap about religion through military aviation?

Leave well alone - its clearly a scam. Or a troll having a laugh.

Milo Minderbinder
23rd Sep 2012, 19:58
This is an SN - one of the Nigerian aircraft
I can't find the thread, but its only a few months since someone on here posted a link to a site offering these for sale in Nigeria as "flyable" with massive visible corrosion
As was said at the time - theres a major difference in what is viewed as "flyable" in Nigeria

theres a similar listing at Decommissioned Military Aircraft for Sale at GlobalPlaneSearch.com (http://www.globalplanesearch.com/gpsads/ads/ad_mig-21.htm#pic4) offering 16 Nigerian Jags
My guess is this guy is trying to sell on one of those and hasn't looked too closely at the aircraft

Rigga
23rd Sep 2012, 21:10
Luvvit!

However, I see lots of things saying that it has flown...but nothing saying it is still "airworthy"? or by whose standards?

Buyer Beware...perhaps another nice buy for the front of a Restuarant on the A17?

flipflopman RB199
23rd Sep 2012, 21:19
That sounds like an awful lot of money to send via Western Union transfer!

Perhaps another job for these (http://www.419eater.com/) chaps to look in to... ;)