PDA

View Full Version : ANN Romney's JET MAKES EMERGENCY LANDING

sevenstrokeroll
21st Sep 2012, 21:46
According to CNN just minutes ago, the jet (appears to be a canadair challenger) carrying Gov Romney's (republican presidential candidate) Wife, Ann declared an emergency due to electric smoke in cabin. Safe emergency landing accomplished in colorado, usa. Everyone ok.

Capn Bloggs
21st Sep 2012, 23:43
Good. That should be the end of the matter. :ok:

Daifly
22nd Sep 2012, 07:53
14% tax and all she can afford is a "Canadair" Challenger?

I blame Canada.

robbreid
22nd Sep 2012, 11:37
Aircraft was a 1986 Challenger 601 Corporate Charter.

(http://www.worldwidejet.com/)

sevenstrokeroll
22nd Sep 2012, 13:30
first , the plane was chartered by the campaign most likely.

second, you should pay so much tax...he dropped about 2 million dollars in taxes and 4 million in charity donations...you know some was probably used to create scholarships for kids who smoke pot and use blow...like obama.

I'll take Romney as president any day.

robbreid
22nd Sep 2012, 13:44
Yup, chatered from World Wide Jets, Arizona N125PS.

mr Q
25th Sep 2012, 02:48
At a California fundraiser over the weekend, the GOP presidential nominee talked about how his wife’s plane’s emergency landing Friday in Denver after the cabin filled with smoke — and then he made an eyebrow-raising suggestion for a new airplane feature.

“I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don’t think she knows just how worried some of us were,” he said, according to the Los Angeles Times. “When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem. So it’s very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she’s safe and sound.”

Daifly
25th Sep 2012, 07:38
"because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that"

And you seriously want this guy for President?

He'd be paying even more tax if he wasn't filtering it off into the offshore tax havens that he's reportedly syphoning it off into. What I would do and what he would do are different because of the fact that he is standing to run you all and I'm not - he shouldn't be trying his best to take money out of America he should be happy funding the American dream! And funding Obama smoking Pot obviously as I am sure they are directly linked and The National Enquirer will be running a feature on it next week.

Personally, I wouldn't vote for either, I'd vote for Jack Fellure, he sounds like a right laugh, and a complete headbanger. :D

(It's irony and sarcasm, before you bite...!)

INNflight
25th Sep 2012, 07:51
Feeding oxygen to a possible fire is certainly a great idea.
Of course never mind the atmospheric conditions up in the sky, which would make breathing that very high-pressured oxygen so easy.

The year in Standford and the MBA from Harvard didn't teach him much, did it. Probably too busy drinking with his buddies. No wait, conservative kids never do that. :D

AriGold
25th Sep 2012, 08:54
now now, romney only has $200 mil, he can't accord a brand new challenger 605!

sevenstrokeroll
26th Sep 2012, 14:10
airliners do have windows that open. they are in the cockpit and are used for a variety of reasons...including INFLIGHT to remove smoke. they are also used as emergency evacuation routes for the pilots.

don't believe me? fine.

while I" haven't flown the challenger, I have flown the DC9 and 737 and they have windows that open...many other jets do too.

on other jets there is a hatch that can be opened for a similiar reason.

Romney would be a great president.

Daifly
26th Sep 2012, 18:34
Nah, I don't think he would be.