PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook Airbus TCX31RE divert

macroman
20th Sep 2012, 20:50
Does anybody have any idea what happened with Thomas Cook Airbus TCX31RE last night? It was on route from Belfast to Larnaca and had to turn back off the coast of Belgium. Eventually landed at Manchester after flying holding for quite a while, presumably to burn off fuel.

Lizz
20th Sep 2012, 20:57
My boyfriend works at MAN, it had to divert due to a windscreen problem, possibly cracked, not 100% sure but yes it burnt off fuel before landing. They'd already been delayed 6 hours! Not sure what happened but apparently looking for hotels was a struggle due to the football!

macroman
20th Sep 2012, 21:02
Thanks Lizz. Very much appreciated. I was watching it on flightradar24.com last night and I've been wondering ever since what had actually happened.

Burnie5204
20th Sep 2012, 21:03
Indeed

Our (EMA) A321 G-NIKO went to BFS to replace it today and we got a Titan charter 757 G-ZAPX instead. TCX EMA Engineering say it had to have a screen replaced and it should be back in service tomorrow.

Lizz
21st Sep 2012, 08:04
No problem macroman. I have to admit it's nice on here for a change to know what I'm talking about without having to google for a technical term!

It's nights like that though I miss working at the airport, I loved chaos and delays :E!!!