PDA

View Full Version : Air Nostrum (Rodeo Air)

eagle21
20th Sep 2012, 20:15
http://www.fomento.gob.es/NR/rdonlyres/27F9E158-F8A6-4344-852D-415F332F7D63/112807/2011_029_A_PROV_ENG.pdf

CaptainProp
20th Sep 2012, 20:28
Since the cockpit voice recorder (CVR) was not disconnected, it was activated when the aircraft was energized, as a result of which the conversations from the accident flight were taped over and lost.

How convenient... :E ...or just amateur engineers....:confused:

Will be interesting to see the rest of the report whenever its ready.

Pablo26
21st Sep 2012, 06:42
Wow.

So they had mountains to the north, other traffic to the south, a nasty cell directly ahead, and cloudy conditions. As a current SLF and former PPL I'm curious what you pros would do if faced with that scenario?

green granite
21st Sep 2012, 07:01
Crash. :}...........................

golfyankeesierra
21st Sep 2012, 07:39
I'm curious what you pros would do if faced with that scenario?
First of all try not to get into this situation.

BlackandBrown
21st Sep 2012, 07:52
Well for a kick off, from the ATIS I'd have known the cloud base. If the cloud layer I was inadvertently flying through, whilst on the glide slope or above it, was only going to be 100 ft thick I'd have continued to a pragmatic point. I'd also advise ATC we went IMC and we are following the glide - id be extremely surprised if ATC ( even in BCN) weren't accomodating - especially since they seem all to aware of the weather situation. I certainly wouldnt do what these guys did and I can say that without the benefit of hindsight. I'm not blaming but it wasn't sensible in my opinion.

CaptainProp
21st Sep 2012, 10:46
And the winner is - golfyankeesierra!!

Just don't push yourself in to these kind of situations. If in doubt, don't accept short cuts or visual approaches.

There are some FACTS which they should have acted on here - They knew the mountains were there, they have been for millions of years. They had the ATIS and should have known the cloud base situation. If you have operated in and out of BCN you know that there will be departing / arriving traffic to the south, over the sea.....

If in this situation I would have just accepted that it would be a "long" landing instead of descending at 3000' / min at 600' AGL (!!!) when I have a 11,000' runway in front of me....

Having said that, its not a nice situation to be in and anyone could have done what this crew did if put in the same situation.....

hetfield
21st Sep 2012, 11:36
If in doubt, don't accept short cuts or visual approaches.No problem with that in BCN or MAD, 'cause it will be offered anyway for Spanish carriers only.:*

blissbak
21st Sep 2012, 16:27
There are rumors about air nostrum placing Martin Baker ejection seats on the entire fleet

racedo
21st Sep 2012, 16:43
There are rumors about air nostrum placing Martin Baker ejection seats on the entire fleet

That seem like an incredible expense, more like seats from Marian Baker, Martin's lessor known idiot sister.