PDA

View Full Version : VVIP Cabin Crew Saudi Arabia

silverwingsB
19th Sep 2012, 11:32
Need advice! I have a good employment offer with a Saudi agency but the contract is very vague. I have to constantly get pieces of information from the recruiter and didn't even have an interview. I have a good position in Europe right now and I am not sure I should go for this or not. I want to put my foot in the VIP/corporate aviation and this looks like it could be a good chance.
I am just not sure whether this way of hiring is SOP in VIP operations in Saudi... or if they usually attract candidates by offering a "permanent contract" and then firing them after probation so they always have "fresh meat".
Would appreciate any input!

mysza
19th Sep 2012, 13:01
There are so many companies in Saudi... if you cant name it nobody will tell you what to expect. ;)

silverwingsB
19th Sep 2012, 16:22
It's AL. If anybody contracted with them already, I'd appreciate some info. I got told a 6 months renewable contract is the standard for a permanent contract in the ME??:confused:

jackx123
20th Sep 2012, 03:15
there is no such thing as a 6 month contract in Saudi Arabia, since it has to follow the labor law. The Iqama is valid for 1 year, not 6 months.

unless the offer is from a reputable family/organization - stay away.

google saudi labour law, do your background checks etc. but don't give up your position in europe.

if you decide to come here you have to do a full medical PRIOR arriving including full liver test, stool test, HIV test etc. certain sponsors usually require drug tests as well.

AFTER arriving all tests are done again and the headache begins with, red tape, not being paid for months etc. PM if you need more.

mutt
21st Sep 2012, 09:57
Jackx123, the person applied for a cabin crew position, in this case they probably will operate with a multiple entry visa and not an igama. So a 6 month contract is a possibility and the Saudi labor law is irrelevant.

SilverwingsB, if u have a good position in Europe, keep it.

Mutt

gtale77
22nd Sep 2012, 09:07
SilverwingsB. word to the wise about AL. Stay away.

LGW Vulture
22nd Sep 2012, 11:31
So what would you know about Aviation Link then? Please tell everyone.

Brionyjw
23rd Sep 2012, 18:01
I have also just been offered a position with this company! What do you think about it? I don't want to turn it down if it is a legit employment offer and can give me a good experience of the cabin crew role.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nezara
6th Feb 2013, 05:45
Need advice!I have a job offer with Dallah flight for vip cabin crew.Anyone could give me advice upon work conditions,and if the pay comes on time and things like this :)

lili2929
6th Feb 2013, 06:32
Check your PM Nezara

FrankR
6th Feb 2013, 08:08
SilverwingsB,

I never read what benefit you thought there would be in leaving your current job for this one in Saudi, other than getting into corporate. This doesn't seem like a very strong argument to support moving. I don't think it will help much when you start looking in Europe for a F/A position.

And Saudi is a difficult place to live for anyone, and harder for a woman (you are a woman, right?).

Jobs in that part of the world are easy to lose, regardless of what your contract says, so I wouldn't put much weight on a contract.

Finally, for any job as a F/A, I would expect an interview with the principal passenger (The owner). If you don't see this, there is something wrong.

So in summery, I'd vote to stay away unless you are unemployed and are looking for an adventure.

Good luck with your choice!

FR

Nezara
6th Feb 2013, 10:53
Thank you Lili,i just send you a PM as well

ashlea
11th Feb 2013, 05:31
Finally, for any job as a F/A, I would expect an interview with the principal passenger (The owner). If you don't see this, there is something wrong.

Huh? Where on earth did you get an idea like that? I work on business jets and have been with the same company for nearly two years. My interview was on Skype!

FrankR
11th Feb 2013, 09:56
I'm a pilot, not a CA, and at all but one job in my career, I had to meet the principal first. Usually I have also first had to fly a few trips first as a contract pilot (but not always).

The few companies I've been at, where the management company just hires some ex-airline cabin crew and the one where I didn't meet the principal first turned out badly all round.

Could you tell me:
What size aircraft?
One owner, or several?
Would you say that your company is "top notch"?

Not looking for a fight, just curious. I think it could be a rule of thumb. If the principal doesn't care enough to meet you first, you're looking for a bumpy ride.

FR

sooty3694
13th Feb 2013, 20:00
My interview was on Skype!

What? They asked you questions about skype for a CA job?

FuelLeak
23rd Feb 2014, 12:04
If the contract specifies flying a Challenger 604 DO NO ACCEPT it. The manager is Steve R. He will fire you after 6 weeks. Nobody lasts longer than that. He offers rotation, and great job perks and at the end not even crew meals after 12 hours duty.

Don't go and spread the facts. Pilots and FA in 2013 lasted less than 6 weeks! He is a weirdo, liar and disrespectful man

If the offer is from a Jordanian guy, just change the above facts to Arabic!

Tray Surfer
23rd Feb 2014, 16:29
Is the rest of the ME like this?

Hearing things like this scares me off even considering ME positions, should they come available.

Blueskyyy
31st Mar 2014, 18:38
Hello,

I have already had some interviews with Dallah and I would like to ask you if you could tell something about them, conditions, salary, etc.

I am a little scared as they do not say too much but anyway, I have not get any contract yet. Could you please help me?

Thank you and take care!