PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham Executive/European, Brymon European, Maersk UK and Duo

EZYA319
18th Sep 2012, 10:02
Hi folks

I'm doing some research reagarding the above mentioned airlines for a piece i'm currently writing. I intend to take a look at how Birmingham Executive developed into the other airlines and their history. Also a possible look at the 'new' Birmingham European, which has been discussed. I'm looking for any information you can possibly provide me with, pictures etc. Also, if anybody worked for them and wouldn't mind conducting a small interview please PM me. I'm very interested to hear from the cabin crew as well and see any pictures of your uniforms etc.

Thank you all in advance.

EZYA319
22nd Sep 2012, 10:06
No one got any information for me? No one worked or flew with any of these airlines?

bigal1941
22nd Sep 2012, 12:55
Take a look at the current issue of "Propliner", has 2 pages on the Grunmman era. Alan S

rogerg
22nd Sep 2012, 16:55
If you PM me we can have a chat. I was with them for about 14 years. Great bunch.

chevvron
23rd Sep 2012, 05:53
Did an ATCO Fam Flight Heathrow - St Mawgan (& return) in a Brymon Herald many years ago. When we boarded at Heathrow, one passenger got off the coach and entered via the front entrance whereas the rest of us were ushered towards the rear entrance. I gather this person was Mr Bryce, the owner!.
After departure from St Mawgan on the return leg, the FO handling asked the captain to switch on the anti ice system. I noticed in their pre start checks they had been using torches to see some of the instruments and switches. Anyway the captain peered down in the dark, flipped a switch, and the windscreen wipers came on!
The Captain said 'sorry, been on Twin Otters for the last six weeks'!