PDA

View Full Version : Flying at Malaga

Nearly Man
8th Apr 2002, 18:11
hello there

Wondered if anyone has done any flying or hired any aircraft from Aero Club Bahia de Malaga?

I'm thinking about doing my hr building there and any info, any at all would be most welcome.

ta ta

ramon76
9th Apr 2002, 21:27
Hey nearly man (??) I know the people @ Malaga´s Bahia and the really do their job, they are proffessional and really nice and helpful people.....planes are superb, they´ve got the right facilities...well, totally recomndable.... weather helps too, so ??

Joaquín
12th Apr 2002, 17:35
Hi Near Man,

Maybe you would like to have a look to this site: http://www.taespejo.com

Although they are just starting to advertise in the UK (as the poor state of the English page shows:eek: ), their prices are really competitive.

Good luck

ramon76
15th Apr 2002, 21:59
Check their site:
www.aero-club.org email:[email protected]

javier
13th May 2002, 15:00
My brother do the check flights over there, and the a/c are nice. They just recently bought a cheyenne 400 and a citation. If you need info tell me

javier

Jinkster
12th Jun 2006, 15:27
Does anyone have anymore updated info?

Is it financially viable to rent an aeroplane for a few hours whilst on holiday in southern Spain.

Is it possible to fly to Gibraltar (LXGB) these days?

Jinkster

LH2
12th Jun 2006, 19:17
I can answer your question re. LXGB. You cannot fly direct between any Spanish airport and Gib, or put LXGB as an alternate for that matter. The Spaniards will not accept your flight plan (every flight requires one in Spain).

According to what the chaps at operations in Jerez told me, the way people do it is by flying to Tanger or anywhere else in Morocco, and filing in a new flight plan from there to Gib--same story on the way back.

Jinkster
12th Jun 2006, 19:24
Under what reason can the Spanish do this?

I thought we were all apart of the EU and JAR!!! not some sort of communist state!:hmm:

malagajohn
13th Jun 2006, 13:21
Under what reason can the Spanish do this?
I thought we were all apart of the EU and JAR!!! not some sort of communist state!:hmm:

Well for a start Gib is not part of the Eu

MD12
13th Jun 2006, 14:15
Better go to www.aeroclubmalaga.com. There you will find much cheaper rates (I used to pay 83eur/hr wet a few months ago), less traffic (LEAX) and friendly ambient. Quite easy to get "free" rides with other club members/aircraft owners. In addittion, note that Malaga Int. Airport (LEMG/AGP) does not accept VFR traffics during the weekend (summer season), but you can cross the whole CTR or even overfly the runway if you use another aiport. They have nice PA28 and even a brand new aircraft, a C172 I believe. From here you can reach nice destinations such as Tangier, Tetouan, Nador, Melilla, etc... Granada is at 30 mins flight time, Almeria at less than 1 hour.

You will be required to perfom a 30 minutes check flight and that's it. From my point of view, it makes the money worth.

Good luck and if you require any further details dont hesitate to contact me.

172driver
24th Jun 2006, 12:10
Been flying with Aerodynamics (that's the new name, they used to be called Bahia de Malaga) for many years. They've grown from a small club to a big FTO with around 15 a/c. Very professionally run, though perhaps not the cheapest. One important thing is that they include the landing fees (in Spain) in the hourly rates, so if you do a lot of landings for training, that can make a difference. They will require a check-out (as does any club or FBO/FTO) for rental. You can also fly with a safety pilot (free!) if you only want to do a couple of hours and feel a check-out isn't worth the money.

LEMG does indeed have a NOTAM out prohibiting VFR from Thur-Sun inclusive, this normally runs until Oct. However, Aerodynamics also base some a/c at LEAX, so that's not really a problem.

Crossing the centerline (or runway) at LEMG is poss, but can be a hassle. Unless you are extremely lucky, you will have to hold (at E1 or S1) for up to 10 mins. Also note, that the runways have recently chaged at LEMG, it's 31/13 now (used to be 32/14).

Re LXGB (Gibraltar). You cannot fly directly between Spain and LXGB, however you can input it as alternate (LH2, that changed last year). Probably not worth the hassle going through Morocco.

Speaking of which, if you want to go to Morocco, then at the mo you'll have to do it Mon-Wed, as you cannot fly from LEAX (which doesn't have customs/immigration). The workaround is to fly via Jerez.

Re the LEAX club, I'll have to check, but IIRC, you have to be a member there to rent a plane. Not very expensive (few hundred Euro/year), but not necessarily worth it for a couple of hours. Again, not sure about this, check with them directly.

HTH

Now checked the site of the club at LEAX and it's as I recalled. If you are not a member, then it's about EUR 200/hour. No info re membership fees, though.

PS the correct websiite for Aerodynamics is http://www.aerodynamics-malaga.com/