PDA

View Full Version : EK Paper Tickets WTF?

GoreTex
17th Sep 2012, 06:49
Trips says that paper tickets will only be valid until 30th sept, what are we supposed to do 1st oct?
send some emails but never got an answer from staff travel.
any ideas?
most airlines still use paper tickets for staff

Curry Goat
17th Sep 2012, 07:35
Wrote them months ago when the original deadline was 31st May. Still waiting eagerly for a response:O

I'll write again and suggest others do the same, so that we can get an answer or be collectively ignored.

canadansk
17th Sep 2012, 10:32
I think most airlines have or are switching to MyID travel - paperless.

AQIS Boigu
17th Sep 2012, 12:29
Most airlines are now paperless using the myIDtravel platform for ZED tix...my airline switched over 6 months ago and it was initially a pain.

But after a while though more airlines signed up (incl EK) and it works quite well now which means no more carrying a stack of paper tix around the world for your holiday - unfortunately some carriers including a few of the "remote" ones haven't joined (Air Pacific, Kuwait Airways, Iran Air just to name a few...).

GoreTex
17th Sep 2012, 15:07
the problem is most of the airlines didn't sign up yet, AA, UA, AC, US and many more still use paper tickets, its on the portal which airlines, but I am afraid that the clowns issue me paper tickets valid only till 30th sept.
on the portal it says AS Alaska uses paper tickets but they actually use etickets, its the typical emirates staff travel mess and there is nobody to ask or to call

falconeasydriver
17th Sep 2012, 15:41
PM sent Goretex..it might help

Curry Goat
18th Sep 2012, 03:56
Falcon, please do tell!

GoreTex
18th Sep 2012, 06:43
EK doesnt issue tickets dated after 30 sept, last deadline I ended up buying full fare because UA and all the other airlines didnt do etickets just EK didnt know about it and it's not there money anyway

Saltaire
19th Sep 2012, 04:45
All e tickets after 30th of sept. I would call staff travel if your travelling in the first week of Oct with paper tickets.

I think you might have to wait until 1st of Oct, but then you should get an immediate e ticket when you book it.

ekpilot
19th Sep 2012, 05:23
This is just a reduction in your Working conditions. You will get use to it with time. They call it cost neutral so you know when they apply it again next time on something else:ok: In the meantime enjoy your full fare tickets:D And if you are not happy you can always leave. Remember it's tough out there... You're lucky to have job:)

fatbus
19th Sep 2012, 07:20
How is eticketing a reduction in working conditions?