PDA

View Full Version : FI course in Europe

XMurmeli
14th Sep 2012, 14:28
Hey fellow pilots!

Im thinking about doing a FI course in Europe by end of this year.

I would like to hear feedback from you about different schools, So far I have contacted Gestair and Ibertour in Spain, any experience about these?

RunBoyRun
14th Nov 2012, 16:10
Hi all !!
New to this forum (even if i'm a regular reader from years :O !!)
I have pretty much the same question so advice of any kind would be very much appreciated !!

XMurmeli
26th Nov 2012, 11:07
Anyone has experience about Gestair?

V1 VR V2
26th Nov 2012, 19:24
Gestair is a great school, great instructors and aircraft fleet. The only downside is the cost of the training!

MartinCh
28th Nov 2012, 22:09
Fellow pilot from Finland did his FI rating in Czech at one good value/money about two years ago, or just over that. The prices are about the same still. He instructed in Latvia afterwards.

about 5k EUR for the course incl VAT. Not too bad, uh?

RunBoyRun
29th Nov 2012, 08:43
Good value yep..but the question to me is: what are the training standards?
I suppose Czech training standards are a bit different from, let's say, spanish or english one....and what about language..? Don't know much about english level of Czech instructor but you know...:rolleyes:..just wondering..

portos8
30th Nov 2012, 17:41
Hi,

I was thinking about taking a FI course as well at Bartolini Air in Poland (- Fly in Poland (http://www.flyinpoland.com)). They quoted me €6000 for the full course on the Tecnam P2002 (with G500 glass cockpit) but I am the only student that is interrested in it at the moment so maybe we can get a small group together. I have done most of my training there and am very happy about their standard of teaching. Instructors are fluent English speakers and all training is in controlled airspace, good aircraft too. I would have to combine it with my dayjob though, so wont be fulltime available.

MartinCh
3rd Dec 2012, 00:35
training standards? And you're asking me that after you plan to jet off to Spain? haha.

Anyway, forgot about the 'end of year' training time. Not good for flying off grass runway, though, so disregard my post.

RunBoyRun
3rd Dec 2012, 08:38
Don't take it so personally... :ugh:
My question about "training standards" wasn't mean to suggest that Czech one were poor, but, as I said, DIFFERENT...
Way of teaching things vary from one city to another, not to talk about different countries thousand miles away.... I was just wondering about it.. :)