PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Jet International / Pay to Fly

stall-recovery
13th Sep 2012, 20:11
This is not a thread discussing the morality of pay to fly.

How do major airlines around the world view pay to fly pilots ?
Do airlines frown upon pilots who have ever paid to fly in their career ?
How would an airline even know if the flight hours in question were obtained through pay to fly (if the pay to fly scheme ends with a job) ?

Does anyone have any direct or indirect experience with eagle jet international ? specifically, their line training programs that offer guaranteed employment once you complete the training.
Is it just a scam or do you actually end up with a job at the end ?

Thanks for your help everyone.

aircupidon
14th Sep 2012, 11:10
common guys 244 views and no single answer???
Where the P2F haters @???? captjns,B737-NG.......we need to hear something guyz:p
How would an airline even know if the flight hours in question were obtained through pay to fly (if the pay to fly scheme ends with a job) ?
From my point of view,there is nothing to worry about,you did your flight training,and are now stuck with no job because of the hours requirements...
its not our fault,and we're not plaining on staying home for the rest of our life waiting for a job to drop from the sky....believe it or not,airline recruiters know whats going on and what specific airline does P2F even most of the P2F pilot end up getting the contract after the line training nowadays.
no matter what,as long as you are able to demonstrate a good standard during an airline interview,with other pilot comin from X or Y airline,you're good!

AlexanderH
14th Sep 2012, 13:21
Its difficult to tell since a lot of the guys with Lion Air should be finishing their stints about now. I'm sure some have already finished. Whether they have moved onto better and brighter futures, difficult to say?

Personally I was told by one senior figure at a TRTO that many of the larger carriers will frown upon the poor SOPs and standards at some of these airlines, especially Lion.

I am not against pay to fly as such but I don't seen much point doing it if you will struggle to move up the pecking order after completion of the contract.

I think the main problem, especially at Lion, was the over the legal limit hours that a lot of these pilots were/are doing. Those hours cannot be logged at all. Some of the more reputable, larger carriers know all about this and frown upon it. Their ethos is if you are prepared to break the regulations at this point in your carrier, what will you do at another company?

To answer your other questions, there are some companies who might try and scam you. But there are plenty who offer a an employment contract after completion of the line training.

I knew someone who went through Skies Consultancy and had a bad experience so probably best to avoid them.