PDA

View Full Version : Middle East / UAE airlines experience required to be competitive

wanderer_
13th Sep 2012, 17:40
Hi everyone

I have looked at the minimum requirements for the middle eastern / UAE airlines on their respective websites. However, I was wondering what kind of experience is required to actually be competitive for a first officer position at any of the middle eastern / UAE airlines, like Qatar, Emirates, Fly Dubai?

Those that have received an interview or job offer at any of the middle eastern / UAE airlines, please post here. How many years experience did you have when you applied ? How many flight hours ? Please break this down by total time, multi time, turbine time, jet time, PIC time, e.t.c. Also, please let us know which specific airline and whether this was for a first officer or captain position ?

Thanks all

bettigio
15th Sep 2012, 05:56
If you have minimums, you are competitive.
Passing the selection exams and interviews is another question, regardless of your flying experience. I've seen guys with 800hrs total doing better than ones with 6000 for FO positions.
EK used to require a minimum of 4000 total with 2000 multi-crew (jet or not). Now 2500 on multi-crew jets are enough.

Best wishes.