PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Recruitment Companies - Issues

Inspecthergadget
13th Sep 2012, 16:40
I don't wish to decry or give negative feedback to Aviation Recruitment Companies but am wondering if anyone else has bad experience of the way they recruit on behalf of their clients?

Reason for asking is that i am looking to move back to the UK and as Ops & Crewing is the only trade I know; i have over the last 6 months applied for a number of jobs in the UK.

A few weeks ago i applied for an Ops job (through an agency) with an operator at LGW. The response i received was
"You haven't been shortlisted for Interview"
So i replied and asked for a reason.
Their reply was
"We didn't think you would interested as they are only paying 24K max & is a small company therefore not much room promotion"

If i wasn't interested i wouldn't have applied and informed them so.

A few hours later i received a note saying that she couldn't respond any further as she was going on holiday.

Strikes me that the cardinal rule of "Never presume" has been broken by someone rushing to get things done in order to go on holiday.

Oh, how i would love to be able to afford to go on holiday.

desertopsguy
15th Sep 2012, 01:41
You don't want to give any negative feedback?? Fine, I'm happy to do it...

Alot of em' are total crap and seem to have incredibly high staff turnover, this tells me that they must be bad to work for. I know this because quite frequently I get unsolicited linked-in requests from these people as they try to build up their portfolio of potential contacts, I accept the request and then 6months later I get a message telling me they have moved to a different job, often in a completely different industry, so I then delete them again.

The ones based in the UK are no exception. They need to sttop hiring wet-behind-the-ears people who have neither work nor aviation experience and give them some lessons in people skills, time management and organisation skills.

The salaries are crap and are commission based so in an effort to make as much commission as possible there is a grab for contracts as soon as they are released. Example...this time last year, a well known airline in UAE was recruiting for a management position. 4 different UK agencies, at least the ones I knew of, were recruiting for the post, out of those 4, 2 of them seemed to be brand new on the scene and appeared to be one-man-shows. A year later they seem to have gone quiet, maybe no longer in business.

The larger recruiters seem to have a few good people who stick with them (protec / parc are good examples) and they seem to cherry pick the better, more lucrative (for both parties) contracts but it seems the lower down the professional ladder you go the more likely you are to encounter the clueless flakey recruitment execs who have no business in that line of work.