PDA

View Full Version : Bristol GS through Third Party

mark_c
12th Sep 2012, 20:21
Hi folks, I have decided to use Bristol GS for my DL ATPL theory course. However, I am unsure whether to go directly through Bristol or use a flight school closer to me here in Ireland who use the Bristol Package. Basically, I have heard some great reviews about the Bristol training material, structure, online support, question bank and iPad app, but I reckon I could run into trouble when it comes to getting time off for the brush up weeks as I work full time. So it would be handy for me to use the flight school closer to me, but I dont know if I will receive the exact same materials etc as you would if going directly to Bristol, so I'd love to hear from students who used a flight school that provide the Bristol package, particularly Atlantic Flight Training in Cork, and whether you got the same materials etc. Cheers!

Jidi
12th Sep 2012, 21:14
I'm using a 3rd party school that uses Bristol's materials, based in Romania. I have received the original Birstol's v6 DVD pack and the registration was made online with Bristol. It's exactly the same material, but it displays both Bristol and Regional Air Services logos, that's the only difference. I believe they know what DVD IDs they gave to partners and it displays their logo as well. The printed materials I got from another student and they're Bristol's originals. I presume it's the same with your school too. Have confidence, if they choose them as their distributors it means they provide the exact same level of training and materials.

Dan the weegie
13th Sep 2012, 09:18
The real value in Bristol.gs is the brush up course. The books are decent but the brush up course is fantastic.

Esp Tom with his Lobster Bisque story, not to be missed.

Poose
13th Sep 2012, 12:24
Pull the stops out to go to Bristol. Well worth it! :ok:

mark_c
13th Sep 2012, 14:52
Thanks for your replies guys, I was leaning towards going directly to bristol anyway, but my mind was well and truly made up when I asked Atlantic how much it costs through them.... I was shocked to hear that it is €3985!! Thats €1300 more than Bristol, I expected a bit of a mark-up but thats just crazy!! Cheddar, here I come!

LPVL
13th Sep 2012, 16:55
Here in Portugal, Gestair is asking for ATPL Bristol GS a sum of 5100€!!!! :eek: