PDA

View Full Version : Will my Medical certificate be valid

banditb6
11th Sep 2012, 22:00
Hello currently trying to negotiate the minefield that is CAP 804 to find out what to do to get a PPL, I have a New Zealand PPL that I got 3 years ago with a Class 2 Medical, mostly trying to work out about the medical requirements and reading through Cap 804 it says

"1.9 A mutually recognised JAR-FCL 3 compliant Medical Certificate issued before 17 September 2012 is deemed to be an EASA Medical Certificate with effect from 8 April2012 or on its date of issue, whichever is later. On revalidation/renewal a Part-MED
certificate will be issued."

Does this mean that my NZ med cert is valid or have I missed something? Can anyone else find it in CAP 804?
Thanks guys

UV
11th Sep 2012, 23:05
A mutually recognised JAR-FCL 3 compliant Medical
I would of thought that somewhere like NZ would have more sense than having anything to do with JAR or EASA!

BillieBob
12th Sep 2012, 09:36
Does this mean that my NZ med cert is valid or have I missed something?No, it doesn't and yes, you have. A 'mutually recognised' JAR-FCL 3 medical certificate is one issued in accordance with JAR-FCL 3 by a JAA member state that has achieved mutual recognition within the JAA system. Since NZ is not a JAA member state (and therefore cannot achieve mutual recognition) and does not issue medical certificates in accordance with JAR-FCL 3, if fails on all counts.

banditb6
12th Sep 2012, 20:41
Ok thanks I didn't think it was actually going to be as simple as that! Get me back to NZ!