PDA

View Full Version : Contact with BA 747 pilots

airlineart
11th Sep 2012, 18:34
Hi folks...this is my first thread, hope its in the right place etc.
I am an aviation artist and I need to get in touch with one or two BA 747 pilots. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've already been flatly ignored by the company so thought I'd try here...thanks.
airlineart.co.uk

dazdaz1
12th Sep 2012, 13:32
"I am an aviation artist and I need to get in touch with one or two BA Jumbo pilots" Why on earth do you want to draw/paint 747 pilots?

Load Toad
12th Sep 2012, 13:55
Maybe he wants to paint fat pilots...?

arem
12th Sep 2012, 16:06
We weren't known as wide body pilots for nothing!!

airlineart
13th Sep 2012, 10:13
Erm, was hoping this was a serious forum?

Mr Mac
14th Sep 2012, 16:19
Perhaps a little more explanation of your reason for this request might tempt a "Nigel" to reply. Lord knows there are enough of them around !;). Best of luck.

Load Toad
15th Sep 2012, 00:25
Indeed - if the request to BA was as detailed then it's no surprise it was ignored. If anybody called up anybody and asked for contact details for staff without reasonable explanation it would / should be ignored.

airlineart
16th Sep 2012, 02:04
For load toad clown....you don't even know what I have attempted to do re contact with BA. I sent them prints of my work along with a fully detailed letter explaining my aim.
What gives you the right to make a phoney assumption without knowing the facts?
Thanks Mr Mac...at least some people on here have a bit of common sense/balance.

arem
16th Sep 2012, 18:49
you still haven't indicated what you want from us

airlineart
16th Sep 2012, 19:57
I'm an aviation artist and want to sell a certain print to BA 747 pilots....how do I get in touch with one or more...thank you.
(don't mention the company as they ignored the letter and print that I sent.

Torque Tonight
16th Sep 2012, 22:47
I suggest you make up some posters adevertising your artwork, send them to BA with a polite request to have the posters put up on crewroom noticeboards. There is no way that BA is going to release pilots' contact details to someone who is cold calling trying to sell stuff, no matter how good your prints are. I'm not in surprised you were ignored previously.

Load Toad
16th Sep 2012, 23:21
For load toad clown....you don't even know what I have attempted to do re contact with BA. I sent them prints of my work along with a fully detailed letter explaining my aim.

I'll rise.

If you want help the onus is on YOU to explain why you want it. To explain why you need help & what so far you've done for yourself.

Maybe BA checked out your artwork.....

As I did.

Just as thought.

PPRuNe Pop
17th Sep 2012, 05:48
That is enough of that thank you.