PDA

View Full Version : Typhoon Over West Berkshire

Maxibon
11th Sep 2012, 18:23
To the typhoon mate who's just flown south west of Newbury 5 minutes ago; a big thanks, it is my son's 8th birthday and he more believes I arranged the flypast in his honour. Nice throwing around!!

dyslexnick
11th Sep 2012, 18:42
Did a 180 over Andover and headed back your way
Nick

Maxibon
11th Sep 2012, 19:05
T'was nice to hear proper engines again; nothing against rotor blades (I asked to go Chinook in pilot trg) but they're terribly common down this way!

Agaricus bisporus
12th Sep 2012, 08:56
It occurs to me that despite being an avid East Anglian aircraft watcher I've never seen a Typhoon outside an airshow and don't remember the last time I saw a Tonka. Isn't that a tragic reflection on the emasculated state of our Armed Forces today?

How long have they been in service?

ACW599
12th Sep 2012, 13:22
>It occurs to me that despite being an avid East Anglian aircraft watcher I've never seen a Typhoon outside an airshow and don't remember the last time I saw a Tonka. Isn't that a tragic reflection on the emasculated state of our Armed Forces today? How long have they been in service?<

You must be clairvoyant. At the time you posted this I was chatting to an old friend on the 'phone and bemoaning the fact that I'd never seen a Typhoon in the wild despite them being around for about ten years now. How different from when we first came here 25-odd years ago, when you could see half the RAF's FJ fleet every week and a good proportion of USAFE.

There must be something in a Typhoon's nav kit that prevents it finding N52°43’42.24” W002°59’48.23” (N52.72838 W002.99673).

Heatedfuelreturn
12th Sep 2012, 14:22
I agree, never big boys toys around when you want one.....

hfr

Neil Amrose
12th Sep 2012, 16:07
Another sighting from Mid Sussex GC located near Vera Lynn country...
GR4 heading Southwest at 1230.Very fast and low avoiding LGW TMA
Normally the odd Herc whooshes over every 4 weeks or so, normally on a Friday,
which is a delight to see.The Chinooks seem to have disappeared though.
Low level over the Southdowns seems to be on the up....