PDA

View Full Version : UK License Validation

dss3000
10th Sep 2012, 06:26
Hello everyone

Can anyone advise me on wether the UK CAA give Validations to fly a privately registered CL604 ! its on the G registry at this time.

I hold a Canadian as well as an FAA ATPL with the proper endorsements, I have a potential job based in the Middle East and the AC will be leased for a 6 month period.

Thanks for your help

S-Works
10th Sep 2012, 06:53
You can apply for a one off validation. It will last for12 months and is a once only event.

It's around £300.

dss3000
10th Sep 2012, 08:57
Ok does it involve any testing or Medical?

Also under the UK rules does a private AC have to be under any management or can it be done in house?

Sorry for all the questions , however im not up to speed on UK?CAA rules and by the way what happens on Sept 17th when they change to EASA rules.

Iv'e tried to go on the CAA site but can't find any answers at all regarding any of this !

500 above
10th Sep 2012, 09:05
Also under the UK rules does a private AC have to be under any management or can it be done in house?

It can be done in house.

S-Works
10th Sep 2012, 09:06
I believe you have to do an LPC on the type and I am not sure about the medical. If you go to the SRG site and download SRG1118 it gives instructions.

But in a nutshell, you have to prove their is no UK licence holder available, that the job is only a temporary job and it is restricted to the specific type. The validation is issued only once after that you must convert.

You will need an RT Licence, Class 1 Medical and your logbook to go with the submission and the operating company who are sponsering your visa would normally endorse the application.

If you are a UK/EU resident then none of the above applies, you need convert!!

BillieBob
10th Sep 2012, 09:10
Have a look at Annex III of this document (http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2011:311:0001:0193:EN:PDF). Validation for non-commercial activities will give you only private pilot privileges.

dss3000
10th Sep 2012, 09:14
Hi

Ok thanks alot to everyone who replied...

Great help