PDA

View Full Version : Working with military aircraft as a civvi?

adamchivers
8th Sep 2012, 20:56
Hi everyone,

i don't know exactly where to put this question so ill put it in this section of the forum.

I am a University student in my second year of Study and ive been thinking about what i want to do as a career when i leave university. I know that for a long while i have wanted to work in the UK defence industry, particularly in a military air sort of role. I basically want to work with Military aircraft but in a civilian role.

I have chosen a civilian role as i am not overly keen on the military life having lived in army barracks all through my childhood and experience the ACF and OTC during my teenage years.

I do however have a passion for military aircraft and would love to be involved with them as a civilian when i finish my studies. Does anybody have any ideas of the careers that are available to me out there?

I have looked at Graduate Schemes with BAE systems and Rolls Royce and they seem very interesting, but i would like to get a broader range of options rather than putting my eggs in 1 (or two as it seems) basket(s).

Thanks,
Adam.

chevvron
8th Sep 2012, 23:13
Apply for a job in the Defence Procurement Agency at somewhere like Boscombe Down, or with QinetiQ at Farnborough.