PDA

View Full Version : Instone Air Lines Memorabilia

Timothy
8th Sep 2012, 11:46
Shortly before his death, my father acquired a collection of memorabilia about the original Instone Air Lines (ie shortly after the First War, I think.)

This has been sitting at an auction house for sale for several years; they haven't been particularly pushing it, and have received no offers.

All I really know is that it is 8 box files and a folder, and when I leafed through it some years ago I remember things like route cards, menus, timetables, but that was a long time ago and I wasn't really paying much attention.

This collection has now become a bit of an encumbrance - it just sits there on the books with no-one paying it much attention.

Would anyone be interested in looking at it and making an offer, or maybe pointing me to someone who might be interested?

renfrew
8th Sep 2012, 12:06
Instone merged to form Imperial Airways which merged to form BOAC which eventually became today's British Airways.
The British Airways Heritage collection at Waterside might be interested as a donation.

Timothy
8th Sep 2012, 12:45
I think that my father paid a not insubstantial price for the collection and that my mother would either like some financial return or to know that it is positively useful to a museum, not just sitting in a dusty archive.

renfrew
8th Sep 2012, 13:33
Alternatively you could sell it piecemeal on E-bay.
Items such as timetables and menus will fetch a good price.

Planemike
8th Sep 2012, 14:15
Instone merged to form Imperial Airways which merged to form BOAC which eventually became today's British Airways.
The British Airways Heritage collection at Waterside might be interested as a donation.

or maybe willing to advise on other ways of disposing of what sounds like a fascinating collection.......

Alternatively you could sell it piecemeal on E-bay.
Items such as timetables and menus will fetch a good price.

Always seems a pity to break up a collection, although have to say you may acheive a higher financial return this way.

Planemike