PDA

View Full Version : MAN FLEX A320

Captain_BH
6th Sep 2012, 17:35
Hi guys,
Anybody knows what does an AMBER Box around MAN FLEX during TO Means?
I couldnt find anything in fcoms!

pattern_is_full
6th Sep 2012, 20:46
Just a reminder to emphasize that ATHR is NOT engaged and that you have to pull the levers back into CLIMB to engage ATHR - reinforced by reminder "LVR CLB" notice underneath at the appropriate time?

NOLAND3
7th Sep 2012, 04:25
He is talking about an Amber box..

Captain_BH
7th Sep 2012, 07:45
Just a reminder to emphasize that ATHR is NOT engaged and that you have to pull the levers back into CLIMB to engage ATHR - reinforced by reminder "LVR CLB" notice underneath at the appropriate time?

would u put the levers into CLB in take off roll on RWY?:=
q

Cough
7th Sep 2012, 07:50
He did say 'at the appropriate time' and given that he mentioned LVR CLB and that doesn't doesn't announce until AA I know he didn't mean on the runway...Chill dude!

pattern_is_full
9th Sep 2012, 02:51
He is talking about an Amber box..

OK - the reference I found first had a B&W illustration. It showed MAN FLEX surrounded by a box in the FMA, but the box was drawn in no particular color. :\

And yes, I meant a reminder to move the levers to CL to engage A/THR once in the air. (800 feet or whatever the briefed TO calls for.)

Here's what I find in an A319/A320/A321 technical training manual:

FMA display

COLOURS
Five colors are used:
- GREEN: A/THR and AP/FD active modes.
- CYAN: AP/FD armed mode, A/THR engaged (not active), V/S, FPA, FLX TEMP, MDA, MDH and DH numeric values, selected Mach and speed.
- WHITE: Flight Guidance function engaged, A/THR activated, landing categories, manual thrusts (surrounded by boxes) which are held when A/THR is not active, messages. Mode change and guidance function engagement make a white box appear for ten seconds.
- AMBER: Messages, boxes around certain thrust modes.
- RED: MAN PITCH TRIM ONLY message.

A/THR ZONE (of the FMA)
Here are all the possible displays in the autothrust zone.

Autothrust function information:
- First line in green: SPEED, MACH, THR MCT, THR CLB, THR IDLE, THR LVR.
- First line in green with a flashing amber box: A.FLOOR, TOGA LK.
- First and second lines in white: MAN TOGA, MAN FLXxx ,MAN THR, MAN MCT.
- Third line, flashing white: LVR CLB, LVR MCT. Third line in amber: LVR ASYM.

NOTE: In MAN FLXxx, xx is the value of the selected flexible take-off temperature in degrees Celsius in cyan.

Source: http://www.avdyne.com/airbus_training/22zAutoflt.pdf p. 142

lurkio
9th Sep 2012, 13:57
Without being funny did you really see MAN FLX or was that what you expected to see (we've all done it)? It is just that I cannot find a ref to that. If however you were looking for MAN FLX on TO and instead got MAN THR with an amber box the reason is in DSC-22_30-100 (in my book) and it says

MAN THR

White with amber box

"A/THR is armed, and the most advanced thrust lever is above CL detent (two engs operative), or one above MCT/FLX (engine out) and not in a detent.

Only one of three instances of amber boxes in column 1 I can find. The other two being mentioned above.

9.G
10th Sep 2012, 06:37
lurkio, that means you've placed the levers into CLB detent without entering FLEX into MCDU thus auto thrust has no reference for thrust settings hence the amber message. TOGA is your answer in this case. :ok: