PDA

View Full Version : obtain a WORK VISA IN US

david_iglesias
5th Sep 2012, 09:49
I'D BE so grateful if anybody can explain me the better way to obtain a work VISA in US to look for a airline job

truckflyer
6th Sep 2012, 02:46
Be born in the USA or
Marry a US girl or
Win the Visa Lottery or
or if your mother or father is US citizen you might have a chance

If neither of the above applies to you, than it is close to impossible!

Johnny Bekkestad
6th Sep 2012, 04:58
And since you are only 22 lets add one more option...
Make sure you study hard which leads to either a phd or a degree/experience in a field where you would get sponsored.

notlikethat
6th Sep 2012, 09:48
There is an easy route but its expensive. EB 5 Visa. Simply invest $500,000
in an approved Regional Center. You will qualify for an unrestricted Green Card. I would be there tomorrow but still haven't found the perfect job or business in California. Anyone interested in a JAA executive jet captain and flight instructor with worldwide experience and looking for a partnership or share of a company in CA give me a call.

david_iglesias
6th Sep 2012, 10:19
thanks for the info! Im thinking about the idea of validate my jaa license under faa.Then, to do a instructor course and try to get a job!

BAe 146-100
6th Sep 2012, 17:29
I don't think it is as hard as people make it out on here, when I was last in the US there were quite a lot of non native's both instructing and flying corporate, there are also non natives flying in the airlines too - heck I heard a few on the radio (Jetblue springs to mind). Your telling me they are only working in the US because they all married a US girl or won the green card lottery?

The key is hours and experience, if you have jet time and more than 2000 hours my guess is that your pretty attractive to an airline in the States aslong as you have a FAA ATP, multi engine land etc.

truckflyer
6th Sep 2012, 18:42
BAe 146-100 - When was you there?

Instructing is not that easy anymore either, after they changed the visa regulations.

You said you heard a few on the radios, how do you know that they was not married there, or had parents from USA?

PPRUNE is not the right place to get this information, check with US immigration, it's impossible!

(btw to start the business, you don't need $500.000, you would manage with $100.000 if you can spend $10.000 with an immigration lawyer, with no guarantee of the result, and make sure you manage to employ 2 - 3 US citizens within 2 - 3 year period. By the way, every 12 months you will need to renew your business visa!

There used to be an F1 visa, to gain experience via instructing, but this now requires you do a graduation program there, but again no chance with airlines, unless of course you get them to sponsor you!

Has happen in the past, a friend of mine around 15 - 20 years got sponsored for biz jet, but that was rather the exception than the rule!

By the way, the scenarios given about the biz visa, will not give you the right to work as an airline pilot in the USA!

You could of course put an advertisement on Craigs list, to find yourself a bride from Kentucky!!!

david_iglesias
7th Sep 2012, 10:10
If I'm not wrong, I think that if you achieve a instructor job for more than 1 year, You have the right to ask for the green card! then you can look for an airline offer! Anyway working as an instructor, is not a bad way, you would earn a normal salary (2000$) and would receive experience!

screwit
7th Sep 2012, 13:41
all guys I know in usa got married and they all got jobs on jet...
There is no easy way to go there and work ilegal. since the word trade Center the FAA and the dhs check all flying personal and school check your documents and if they discover you don't have the right to work they won't employ you and the fed will kick your ass back to your country

why you want come to USA and spend lot of money with lawyer. better stay in your country. They say the JAA is the best. so get a job at easy or rynair. make lot of money. buy house.... and be happy. be proud of your license, and you paid what.? 100000 euro? maybe more... so you should get for your money... ah ah ah

truckflyer
7th Sep 2012, 18:46
Shut it "screwit" bitter twisted red kneck!

Just because you are to poor to get yourself a job, you don't need to continue spouting out more and more rubbish!

All your posts are just a waste of space, seems to be an 8 year old writing, sorry wrong, even an 8 year old would do better!

Gomrath
7th Sep 2012, 19:22
OK enough is enough.