PDA

View Full Version : GA Experiences with Jeppesen

Timothy
4th Sep 2012, 12:21
Following a series of unfortunate errors and misjudgements, and my vociferous complaining, including to the European Parliament, the Head of Sales and Services at Jeppesen Europe has invited me to a meeting at their office in Crawley.

It would be useful to have some first hand accounts of experiences with their sales and service team to take along to discuss. These could be either anonymous (I will respect that, even though I have stuck my own head above the parapet) or ascribable, in which case a customer account number would be helpful.

Please feel free to eMail me or to post here.

chevvron
4th Sep 2012, 13:27
The UK Flight Safety Committe was always dubious about the accuracy of some of Jeppesen's info, so ask them.
The only thing I've encountered has been their reluctance to put cable hazards at gliding sites on their VFR charts, but I believe this has been rectified. There was also a spate of incorrect CAS bases some time ago.

Timothy
4th Sep 2012, 13:31
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I want to focus on sales and support, not data accuracy, which is a whole different matter (but one where I think that Jepp generally do very well.)

havick
4th Sep 2012, 23:32
Paper amendments regularly turning up late after the date the revision becomes effective.

Awesome.

Steak&Kidney_Pie
6th Sep 2012, 16:05
Timothy,

I no longer deal with them, as apart from one individual (I believe his name was Tom Scott), otherwise they are a useless bunch of lying :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I now deal directly with Germany.

Jimbo

equine rotorhead
7th Sep 2012, 09:11
After many years with Jepps. customer service, or lack of, in the planning department, finally drove us away and we are now happily with Arinc. For paper charts we are still with Jepps but, as previously posted, deal direct with Germany and bypass Crawley.

mushroom69
8th Sep 2012, 13:41
??? My iPad is always easily updated. Now why would you want to have the hassle of paper chart updating in 2012?

Jeppview and a printer, en route for back-up and iPads.....:ok:

Timothy
9th Sep 2012, 13:01
Here (http://ftp.artifax.net/misc/JeppesenComplaints.pdf) is the document I am preparing for Jeppesen, so far.

B200Drvr
9th Sep 2012, 23:32
After the London office made catastrophic mistakes on 9 trips in a row, we decided not to use them anymore. We were a 135 operator, they filed us as private into Nice, and we thus got hit on fuel tax. They "forgot" to get our overflight clearance for Mali, after we pestered them for a week and left me stranded on the ramp with pax in the aeroplane, promising that they would have it. We got over charged for services that they did not provide. The list goes on!!!
I switched to Universal and have never looked back, price wise and customer service wise!!!!
PS. They "forgot" to get our trip kit for the US even though it was ordered two weeks in advance, and followed up a week later, we made numerous calls to them and on arrival in Luton, it was not there, only to find out it was never ordered!! We then received an invoice for it and had to make a multitude of phone calls to sort it out as they said it was done, three days after we had departed to the US!!!

Cecco
22nd Sep 2012, 13:32
On some occasions, I had to have the revision of JeppView CDs sent to my private address. Despite this simple task, it took each time numerous e-mails and phone calls to achieve that because e.g some incompetent customer consultant there claimed that it took "10 days" to have the already due revision sent to me even though the update is issued every two weeks etc. etc. There are more stories like that.

I have the impression that the people at FRA customer service are a.) not trained at all b.) are incompetent by nature and c.) do not have the slightest
clue about aviation in general!

Even though the product itself is excellent, the customer service is a disaster!

Cecco

SU-GCM
26th Sep 2012, 17:00
from a commercial airline perspective, we have used their Jetplan flightplanning system and their account managers in the UK are usually useless, most of the time auto replys set on their emails that they are on travel on vacation with no email access ... when you call US GSCC or customer service number they don't konw any contacts for any of the people in their UK branch !!

GSCC in Colorado USA are good though !

sooty3694
26th Sep 2012, 18:03
A NIGHTMARE company to deal with. A good dish served in the most disgusting manner.

Customer service, it don't translate into their German or English. Fcuking usless!

Jonzarno
29th Sep 2012, 13:35
Timothy

When is your meeting with them?