PDA

View Full Version : Line Training in USA

david_iglesias
4th Sep 2012, 09:39
I'll be so gratefull if you can write here the principal line training for b737 in US

thanks

MarkerInbound
4th Sep 2012, 15:28
In the US the airline that hires you provides the training. The idea of "line training" does not exist, except for Gulfstream and their BE-1900s if they are still in business. You will complete your ground school and sim training and for 10 to 25 hours, depending on the type of airplane and the kind of training you received, you will fly with a company check airman. The check airman will help you transition from the 'round and 'round the pattern with an emergency every 5 minutes in the sim to flying the plane like a normal pilot. In FAA land this used to be called Initial Operating Experience and is now just call Operating Experience or OE, since you do it after Initial training and Transition training and Upgrade training. Once the OE is completed in a week or so the pilot is released to the line and is just just another pilot. There are "High Mins" restrictions on new Captains for their first 100 hours and companies may place x-wind restrictions on low time pilots.

david_iglesias
4th Sep 2012, 22:35
Thanks for the info
I'd like to work there (us) but it's known that you need to have a visa and I dont know how to obtain it!. Im from Spain and here, the situation is soooo bad! I dont give a f**** about moving to US! I thought that there was line trainings there and, sorry about that, if i pay, they give me the job and consequently the visa. Do you know which is the right way to work as pilot there?

thanks

best regards

B2N2
6th Sep 2012, 18:56
61.123(b)
(b) Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language. If the applicant is unable to meet one of these requirements due to medical reasons, then the Administrator may place such operating limitations on that applicant's pilot certificate as are necessary for the safe operation of the aircraft.

Which is ICAO level 4 and by the looks of it you don't meet that requirement.

MarkerInbound
6th Sep 2012, 19:33
In order for a US company to be able to sponsor a foreigner for a visa that allows the foreigner to work for that company, the company must show that there are no Americans (citizens or permanent residents) who are qualified for that job. With the number of American pilots looking for work, there is no way an American company would be able to say they can not find an US pilot for any job opening thy have.