PDA

View Full Version : B/A Iberia

mikkie4
3rd Sep 2012, 23:37
am flying from heathrow to las palmas via madrid,first leg is with BA second leg iberia will i have to check my luggage in twice or will my luggage be transfered straight from the ba flight to the iberia one?.have used this service many times in the past when it was an all iberia flight,but not since ba merged with iberia

Andy_S
4th Sep 2012, 07:37
mikkie,

The change of airline shouldn’t matter. If the complete journey LHR - Las Palmas is on one ticket, then your luggage will almost certainly get checked straight through, but the check in agent should be able to confirm this.

ExXB
4th Sep 2012, 08:20
Even with two tickets BA should check bag through to IB (one of their oneworld benefits).

See British Airways - Checked baggage (http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagchk/public/en_gb#)

Now I couldn't say for sure if IB in Las Palmas will do the same.

Shack37
4th Sep 2012, 11:27
mikkie4
As mentioned, confirm at the check in desk and just in case, (before leaving check in) read your baggage tag stub which should show Las Palmas as your final destination.

Bearface
12th Sep 2012, 06:39
I have done this route about 8 times with BA/IB and yes, your luggage will definitely be checked through on to the IB service. Same on the return leg. This would also extend to it being checked through on to Binter Canarias if you were doing an inter-island hop once you arrived in the Canaries.

I have never had any problem with my luggage on these routes ex LHR to the Canaries with BA/IB.

However, what you will have trouble doing (unless it has changed in the past month or so) is choosing your seat (if this bothers you at all).

The integration between BA and IB is still very disjointed in this respect and will only allow you to choose your seat with the carrier you booked your ticket with, so much so that to guarantee my chosen seat with BA, I had to pay 12 EUR per passenger, as the system would not allow you to do this even 24 hours before through online check in - even with a BA booking reference.

So much for free choice of seat upon online check-in...