PDA

View Full Version : Seen on Flightradar24 today

wub
3rd Sep 2012, 14:14
15:00

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/wub_01/voyager.jpg

SpringHeeledJack
3rd Sep 2012, 15:18
The RAF's only(?) new tanker either testing or on a sortie being a mobile petrol station, though hopefully with enough Magnums in the icecream fridge to placate hot customers ;)

It was seen regularly doing test flights from Spain up to Northern UK over the last year if I recall.

SHJ

Big Eric
3rd Sep 2012, 17:47
SHJ, you're almost correct but not quite.

FR24 have 2 A330s on their database that are ZZ330, this one hasn't been delivered yet and should become ZZ334 when delivered.

This one flies as "CASA016" and operates almost daily out of Getafe in Spain, the real ZZ330(the only one delivered so far) uses an "Ascot" (RRR) callsign. They're having problems with the basket when refuelling Tornadoes, so they've been out over the Irish Sea again today with one of the BAES Tornadoes from Warton.

Hope this helps ?

Tester_76
4th Sep 2012, 11:07
This one flies as "CASA016" and operates almost daily out of Getafe in Spain, the real ZZ330(the only one delivered so far) uses an "Ascot" (RRR) callsign. They're having problems with the basket when refuelling Tornadoes, so they've been out over the Irish Sea again today with one of the BAES Tornadoes from Warton.

Apart from it being a Typhoon trial yesterday

Big Eric
4th Sep 2012, 17:20
Thanks, I was close though ! :)