PDA

View Full Version : Vigin 747 seating plans

TheHeff
2nd Sep 2012, 11:58
I'm flying to Las Vegas next year, from Manchester (UK), on Virgin Atlantic. Their 747 fleet has four different seating layouts. Anybody out there know which I'm likely to get? While I'm on, why are the seats at the very rear of the cabin mounted away from the walls? Thanks. :)

Tableview
2nd Sep 2012, 12:07
why are the seats at the very rear of the cabin mounted away from the walls?
Because as the fuselage tapers towards the rear, the circumference is reduced and the distance that the base sits from the side is dictated by the clearance needed for the top of the seatback. I know what I'm trying to say but can't really explain it any better than that!

I don't recommend those seats as you don't have the wall to lean against, and also people tend to congregate around the back where the toilets and/or galleys are so it doesn't make for a restful flight, although you do have that extra space between you and the side.

Airline Seating Charts - Best Airplane Seats - SeatGuru (http://www.seatguru.com) might help you further.

TheHeff
2nd Sep 2012, 12:14
Thanks Tableview. Clear as crystal and makes complete sense. I wouldn't have chosen those seats, but I appreciate the advice. Thanks again. :)

spannersatcx
2nd Sep 2012, 16:06
All the LGW 744's will of been refurbished by then, so the seating should all be the same. The 85/86 is a 330 from October and may well be next year as well, depends when you fly I would suspect.

Lightning Mate
2nd Sep 2012, 16:15
All the LGW 744's will of been refurbished by then

Where on earth do you live and what language/spelling is that?????

TheHeff
2nd Sep 2012, 20:47
Thanks folks. I guess I'll have to wait till next year to see what airplane I'm on, and therefore, where I can sit. Cheers ;)