PDA

View Full Version : Them Russians...

750XL
1st Sep 2012, 22:28
Video Link

:eek:

Heathrow Harry
2nd Sep 2012, 11:22
near Murmansk the main road widens from two lanes to about six and becomes very very straight for a couple of kms

it is close to another permanent air base and some sort of army set-up

unfortunately, half way down , in the middle, is a concrete bus stop..............

one hopes they remember if they ever need to use it.............

Fareastdriver
2nd Sep 2012, 15:08
It was flying on the wrong side of the road.

Heathrow Harry
2nd Sep 2012, 15:13
he was overtaking that truck - you can see his hand signal

Geehovah
2nd Sep 2012, 16:38
"The Russians do not fly lower than 1000 feet". That was what we were told. Hmmmmmm

dead_pan
2nd Sep 2012, 17:09
Is it normal for Russians to video their car journeys on the off-chance something remotely interesting happens along the way?

750XL
2nd Sep 2012, 17:11
LiveLeak.com - Redefining the Media (http://www.liveleak.com/browse?q=russian+dashcam)

There's a huge amount of Russian Dashcam videos online, so I think maybe they're mandatory with some insurance companies etc?

Ronald Reagan
2nd Sep 2012, 17:58
I have noticed a few of my Russian friends tend to video their car journeys to! Strange, until mentioned here I had never given it any thought.
An impressive site though, wish I had been in that car! :ok:

Courtney Mil
2nd Sep 2012, 21:11
I don't have any Russian freind, apart from Anatoly the test pilot. But I wish I'd been in the jet!!!

dead_pan
2nd Sep 2012, 21:34
There's a huge amount of Russian Dashcam videos online

Surely candidates for some of the most boring videos ever to grace the interweb. Even if their recording was mandatory, why then go to the trouble of posting them online?

Tankertrashnav
2nd Sep 2012, 22:43
There are a lot of Russian ones edited to just show the accidents. I spent 4 months in Russia 20 years ago, being driven, not driving, and these videos confirm my opinion that the Russians as drivers make the Italians look like models of care, courtesy and patience. Twenty years ago the roads were pretty empty, God knows what the accident figures are like now.

Dashcams do seem to be quite common and the comment about them being required by insurance companes there makes sense,

barnstormer1968
3rd Sep 2012, 09:06
All of my journeys are recorded on a dash cam. They are very inexpensive, and provide evidence of any 'cash for crash' attempts.

Tiger G
7th Sep 2012, 09:21
They're at it again, but they've found a helo this time :

LiveLeak.com - Not your average double overtake maneuver...wow!