PDA

View Full Version : Crew 3, 120 Squadron

Papa Whisky Alpha
1st Sep 2012, 21:40
Tomorrow is the sixth anniversary of the tragic loss of Nimrod XV230 over Afghanistan. Our family will be thinking of not only our son but all the crew members and wish their families and friends best wishes for the future. We will be visiting the National Memorial Arboretum tomorrow to place flowers in memory of all the crew. Best wishes to the many friends of the "Kipper Fleet" that we have known over the years.

Mr and Mrs PWA

Scuttled
2nd Sep 2012, 00:13
Nothing but respect to you.

Still think of them every day.

Donna K Babbs
2nd Sep 2012, 08:49
RIP CXX3. I'll be raising a glass to you all tonight.

Duncan D'Sorderlee
2nd Sep 2012, 08:53
Rest assured that CXX/3 remain forever in our thoughts. We also remember CXX/9 who died on 2 Sep 95 in Toronto. 2 Sep is not a good day for us!

RIP lads!

Duncs:ok:

Creeping Line Ahead
2nd Sep 2012, 10:22
Mr & Mrs PWA - you and all the families, friends and loved ones of CXX Crew 3 remain very much in our thoughts. I still often pause to think of the guys themselves - gone but certainly not forgotten. Please give the wall at the Arboretum a pat from me today as well. CLA

J.A.F.O.
2nd Sep 2012, 11:48
My thoughts are with the crews of CXX/3 and CXX/9 today and with their families.

shandyman
2nd Sep 2012, 14:28
Not too many days go by without me thinking about the boys and I have told many a dit in the last six years, especially about Gary and Tapper.

Always remembered,

Shandyman

Gene Genie
2nd Sep 2012, 18:59
Raising a glass to the lads, CCX crews 3 & 9. Cheers fellas, fond memories...

GG

Phoney Tony
2nd Sep 2012, 19:12
RIP. 2 Sep brings sad memories sharply into focus.

Terry K Rumble
2nd Sep 2012, 19:13
There are very few days that go by when I don't think about the loss of the two crews from CXX in some way. the second of September will forever remain a bloody awful day for many of us.

The accident report on 230 sits on my bookcase, almost as a permanent reminder to the loss of crew 3. And of course we remember crew 9 and the tragedy of Toronto.

To all of the families, friends and colleagues of both crews, you are always in our thoughts and prayers as are the many friends we all lost.

RIP guys, many of us will be having a quiet beer or two tonight thinking about you.

Terry

sargs
2nd Sep 2012, 20:39
Thoughts with both crews and their families on this particular day, but especially my friends Gary, Ady and Q.

RIP guys.

anotherpruner
2nd Sep 2012, 20:41
Raising a glass tonight for CXX/3.

Rest easy chaps, you may be gone but you are never forgotten.

anotherpruner 😞

pipistrelle
12th Sep 2012, 14:22
CXX/3, was the 1st crew I was on when I joined CXX late 70's, so I feel the loss of this crew very personally. I don't suppose anyone ever thought that we'd lose one of our aircraft but it certainly was forced home after toronto and afghanistan.
My thoughts are as always with the families of my lost pals.
Freddie-Q penned a poignant piece of prose titled "Ops Normal" if my memory serves me well, it hit the spot and is certainly worth a read.