PDA

View Full Version : BA to BRS??

Sawbones
7th Apr 2002, 00:42
For anyone who can help ...

My company (Air Canada, I'm ex-Canadian B737 Capt.), can't tell me if I'm eligible for ZED fare on this route because they cannot determine which airline is actually operating the route. I'm planning GLA-BRS this month and the schedule shows BA 4000 series flights on either DH8, or ER4. Normally, we'd get a rate on BA, but they seem to be hung up because they cannot determine if it's actually a BA flight or a subsidiary/code share. Any info would be much appreciated. Looking to attend the Badminton horse show after visiting in GLA. I guess the alternative is shuttle to LHR and then ... train to Gloucester area?

Cheers,

Dave

G-BPEC
7th Apr 2002, 06:19
Sawbones,

Until very recently, BA had two UK subsideries, Brymon, and British Regional (and Manx in the Isle of Man)- now they have joined together to become 'British Airways Citiexpress'- BA4000 were all previously operated by Brymon Dash 8's or ERJ145s, now BA citiexpress aircraft (if you get my drift) and this is the airline operating this flight (in full BA livery, with crew in BA uniforms etc etc.) Whether or not this counts as BA for you or not, I don't know, but on the surface everything is definately BA.

Sorry if that's confusing, but BA are a confusing airline!

All the best
G-BPEC

sickBocks
7th Apr 2002, 10:24
If the flying doesn't work out....

Fly to LHR. Railair coach to Reading station from LHR. Train to Chippenham. Coaches provided from Chippenham to Badminton.

www.badminton-horse.co.uk

but if it does....

Also, from BRS to Badminton... Coach from BRS to Bristol Temple Meads station (fairly frequent) train from Temple Meads to Chippenham.

Hope this is useful.

sB

Lucifer
7th Apr 2002, 10:46
It is now a fully-owned commuter-style airline that operates from the regions.

Sawbones
7th Apr 2002, 11:44
Thanks very much for the info. Much appreciated.

Dave

Hand Solo
7th Apr 2002, 13:04
Alternatively avoid LHR completely and fly GLA to BHX then take the train from Birmingham. Avoids the Heathrow hassle completely and the station at BHX is right next to the terminal, instead of 20 miles away via an unreliable bus link.

captainchocks1
7th Apr 2002, 17:54
Sawbones

ba CitiExpress is a ba subsidary.Your staff travel should cover these flights if you have an interline agreement

Silvertop
7th Apr 2002, 19:29
Sawbones,
I belive that Go operate Gla to Brs checkout their website on www.gofly.com

Mooney
7th Apr 2002, 21:56
Indeed Go do fly GLA-BRS and probably the same price as a stand- by ticket with Go! They fly 737s on the route.

rubik101
8th Apr 2002, 10:07
If you book on line now with GO you can get a round trip for around £45, GLA to BRS.
Standby with BA would be at least that much if not more.

Avalon
8th Apr 2002, 16:03
Definitely go GO to Bristol! They have CAT III B737s- whereas BA Emb145 / Dash 8 do not........... and you might need it since it always seems to pi** with rain before / during the Badminton Horse Trials.

There is a beautiful 1300m grass airstrip at Badminton that accepts visitors during the horse trials - why not fly in? B737 with fat tyres - no problem!! (freq 123.175).