PDA

View Full Version : Which Type Rating?

tdk90
30th Aug 2012, 15:56
I'm not paying but through my current employer I could get another type rating and wondered which would give me the best chance of some work in the future:

Falcon 2000, LR45, GLEX.

I would probably get the circuits but after that it would be up to me to chase the work.

What would you choose?

bluesafrica
30th Aug 2012, 16:17
GLEX of course....lot of jobs available:)

Pace
30th Aug 2012, 16:29
I would probably get the circuits but after that it would be up to me to chase the work.

TDK

Not sure what you mean here? Are you saying your employer will finance a full type rating or is offering you some circuits for an SIC on a N reg?
If its a full type and N reg you can alternate them at annual recurrent.
I intend to do a full CJ type at my next recurrent to add that to the 500 series and then keep both current by alternating at renewal.
If its an SIC ???
You need to be more specific :ok:

Pace

tdk90
30th Aug 2012, 17:46
Sorry I'm not being more specific, just trying to figure out which would be the best for work (part-time or contract), spoke to a guy today who said there is quite a lot of demand for F2000 Easy at the moment. It would be a full type rating not just an SIC, I've got another Falcon type and a Challenger (850/CRJ) which will probably expire. - Thanks

cldrvr
30th Aug 2012, 18:26
GLEX all the way, you will make triple to what you would on the 45 and double as to the 2000, oh and yeah, still a heck of a pilot shortage on the bird, but that is for experienced guys, you can pretty much write your own ticket if you have time on type when it comes to the GLEX.

There are still plenty openings in the ME for 20k+ a month.

tommoutrie
31st Aug 2012, 23:14
Do the Lear rating. Leave the other two for pilots who can make a bleeding decision...

gargamelito
1st Sep 2012, 01:39
Generally there are almost equal job opportunities for F2TH and GLEX. Personally I would opt for the GLEX because of potentially higher pay and more interesting mission profiles due to the aircraft's range.

Stick35
1st Sep 2012, 07:16
Go for the GLEX. Your marketvalue will be much higher than the other 2.

eiffel
1st Sep 2012, 09:16
What about the Falcon 7X ?

jr of dallas
1st Sep 2012, 10:19
7X ...definitely not a lot of jobs, unless you want to go and leave 3 years in china for less money than anywhere else.

eiffel
1st Sep 2012, 10:22
Even in Europe? (JAA Registered)

jr of dallas
1st Sep 2012, 12:03
YES ..mostly in europe !

cldrvr
1st Sep 2012, 16:33
Dad to son: You are 18 now and you did well on your chores, you can pick a car
Son: Really? amazing? What can I have
Dad: Your choice, you can either have a MX5, a M3 convertible or a Veyron, which one would you like??
Son: don't know dad, am not the brightest bulb on the string, lemme ask at some anonymous internet forum and I will get back to you.
Dad: note to self, time to google paternity test?????

tdk90
2nd Sep 2012, 09:23
Cheers for the replies, I've been in the airline world for the last 10 years so not up to speed on current BizJet needs and trends hence the post. Glad it provided some entertainment for you though, super!!

G-V
2nd Sep 2012, 15:24
It seems that there are a little bit more open jobs on the Global than on Gulfstream at the moment.

But I would suggest Gulfstream. Thats what I did and I am very happy.

Saw the cockpit of a Global during a sim session. Everything looked so old...

DutchDutch
2nd Sep 2012, 15:28
'There are still plenty openings in the ME for 20k+ a month.'

Cldrvr, do you mind sharing where in the ME and working for which companies?

Thanks!

jr of dallas
2nd Sep 2012, 16:40
WHERE ????? 20k./ months :ok:

flydive1
2nd Sep 2012, 16:50
Whichever rating you go for, do not sell yourself cheap.
Enough people out there working for peanuts and destroying the market for everybody else.

jr of dallas
2nd Sep 2012, 17:11
Cannot agree more with you...this jobs is being killed by the very same people wich are craving for it ! See what's happening in china for example.